Chapter Thirteen

Heeseung pov

I was feeling angry and frustrated after finding out that someone had told the principal about me and my friends. We had skipped class and were hanging out inside an empty classroom with dim lighting, and the curtains were closed. I clenched my jaw and tapped my feet on the ground in frustration.

"I knew someone was watching us last night..."
Sunghoon brushed his hair back, sitting on top of the desk his fist curled into a fist. We didn't talk or anything, we just sat there quietly. After a while, the silence was disturbed by the voices outside the classroom. It suddenly caught our attention for some reason because the voices were vaguely familiar to us.

The voices were a little muffled but I could tell what they were talking about, I just had to focus on trying to understand what they were saying.

"I heard that the girls were also a suspect in this case. They were called by the principal earlier."
I thought it was Alexa's voice and I think they were talking about Ari and her friends which caught our attention.

Someone giggled and answered, "Wouldn't it be fun if we told the principal it was them?"

They all laughed, I looked at the boys they were focused on their conversation but their eyes were fuming with anger. Just hearing that the girls are in danger made me feel like I have to protect them, I have a feeling that I can't let something happen to them which is weird. I hate her, I hate them, but why do I feel like this?

"But we don't have any evidence..." Luna speaks. "We can just say we saw them and give them every detail we can make of." Said Michelle.

"Wait... Is that them?" Luna shockingly said. "It is... Hey!" Amy suddenly raised her voice to get their attention. We still stayed inside the classroom keeping ourselves in our hiding spot.

"Oh, Amy?"
I heard Ari's voice.

"What happened at the principal's office earlier?"
I can feel Alexa smirking just by saying those words to them.

Someone sighed and responded, "We were asked some questions about the case..." Ari responded.

"Did you guys admit that it was you guys?"
Amy laughs as she asks.

They stopped for a minute, "Excuse me?"
Ari sounded offended by the question and I wanna get out of here and protect them... For some reason. My feet were telling me to go and protect them but I was hesitating.

"What? Isn't you guys who killed the four students?"
Michelle asked teasingly.

"No, we didn't. We wouldn't do that... Why are you even blaming us?"
Aerin suddenly buts in her voice slightly raised.

"Oh, it's not? Are you sure about that?"
They all laughed then suddenly we heard some audio playing outside the room. I can hear Ari's voice in the audio.

"That's not us!"
Ari screamed in fear. Maybe they showed an edited video or audio of them about the case. I didn't waste time and went outside of the room and confronted them. The sudden burst of the door startled them but I didn't care.

"Show me..."
I stared at Alexa furiously but she just looked at me hesitating to show the video because she was shocked to see me suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

"Show me!"
I raised my voice causing her to flinch and she immediately gave me the phone and I played the video, seeing Ari and her friends in front of the four students holding a knife. Out of anger, I threw my phone on the ground.

"That was my phone!"
Alexa grabbed her completely smashed phone on the ground. I looked towards Ari and walked closer to her then stepped in front of her, shielding her from the girls. The boys followed behind me and let me confront them watching from behind.

"Where did you get that video?" I asked. "CCTV..." Alexa replied causing me to scoff.

"Don't fucking lie to me, Alexa. There's no CCTV in the middle of the forest."
I harshly raise my voice at them.

"They didn't do anything, they weren't even in that scene last night. That is just edited."
Alexa smirked then stepped closer to me.

"Are you saying that I'm a liar, babe? Do you believe them more than me?"
She cutely asked me causing me to make a disgusted face. She's very cringe.

"We were with them last night and I can tell you they didn't do anything."
She was shocked to hear that we were with them, her face changed to anger and her hand was formed into a fist.

"I'm still gonna show this to the principal and get them to jail."
Alexa smirked and looked at Ari behind me. I immediately covered her from Alexa's gaze.

I stepped closer and whispered in her ear, "Do it. I'll show you what will happen if you do."

I quickly grabbed Ari's hand led us to the second floor and pushed them inside the empty classroom, it was dark in there but there was still a little lighting from outside.
We made them sit on the chairs as we sat in front of them, sitting on the desks.

"Why did you do that?"
Ari asked quietly almost like a whisper. I didn't answer not knowing what to say, I didn't even know why I did that not knowing what I was thinking, and just went straight out of the classroom.

"I swear it wasn't us."
Yoona slightly whispered under her breath and she sounded like almost crying.

"We know, pretty... It wasn't you or your friends."
Jay comfortingly responded staring at Yoona who was hugging her knees and hiding her face between her knees.

"Don't worry, if they told the principal... We will defend you, ladies."
Jake stares at the ladies, they won't make eye contact with us not even taking a glance at us.

"Why are you even doing this? Why do you guys even care if we're facing this problem?"
Why do we care? I looked toward the boys who seemed to be asking the same thing themselves.

"We don't care about you, ladies. We are just helping you get out of this situation."
Sunghoon responded. I didn't know what to say because Sunghoon was somehow true about us saving them. But I do care for them, mostly Ari.

Ari looked at Sunghoon with her teary eyes, she nodded looked away, and whispered a 'thank you' to us. We didn't talk after that and just watched them tearing up and sitting down on the chairs quietly crying and sniffling in between.