GMH 37

YUNHO

YUNHO

Yunho stood up and stared down at Mingi in disbelief. "What are you talking about?"

Mingi sighed and put out his blunt before sitting up."You remember that night at your house when we got high on your balcony?"

Yunho frowned not sure where he was going with it."High school?"

"Yeah."

"What about it?"

"Do you remember what we talked about then?"

"Wasn't it the time you said something about liking Ryujin or whatever?"

Mingi nodded."And you know what you said back to me?"

"I was high so I barely remember anything. What does that have to do with anything? You literally just told me to make you fall in love with me again. Are you just going to brush over that and bring up old stuff from back in high school? Mingi I swear to god if you're trying to play with my feelings...."

He scoffed as he got off the bed and went to stand in front of him."The only person who played with my feelings here is you. Ryujin? Seriously? You actually think I'd have feelings for her? Even a blind person could see she was lesbian."

Yunho began slowly backing up."What...what the fuck are you getting at?"

Mingi didn't follow and let Yunho put the distance between them."I lied. About having feelings for Ryujin. It was just an excuse to see what you would say if I told you I fell for her."

"Why would you need an excuse for that? Why would you want to know what I would say about it?"

"Because it wasn't Ryujin I was talking about but you! I was too coward to straight up tell you that I liked you. So I used her as a cover up to see your reaction and let's just say I was humbled really well."Mingi chuckled dryly at the end.

Yunho lurched forward and grabbed Mingi by the collar of his shirt."No. You're wrong! You told me you liked Ryujin! Don't twist it all up.!"

"What? Does it scare you that I actually did have feelings for you? That I liked you even way before then? That you rejected me without even realizing it? Are you scared that you finally see you're not the only one who's been suffering inside?"Mingi said in a mocking tone.

Yunho's eyes began brimming with tears."This...it's not what...you didn't...."

"Yunho-ah. I had feelings for you. Took a silly approach to know how you'd react if I confessed and you made it very loud and clear that we could never be. Throughout those 5 years I've been forcing myself to get over you so badly that I grew accustomed to it."

Yunho's hands loosened around his collar."Stop."

"It was fake that much I knew, but it hurt less when I lied to myself. That I liked those girls I slept with. That I was over you. That I was straight. That I didn't care who you got with in the future. I started believing it all. And it hurt less with each lie."