Chapter 42: her

"Udi udi jaye, Udi udi jaye, Dil ki patang dekho, Udi udi jaye" - Udi Udi Jaye (Raees)
_________
ABHIMAN'S POV

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Prisha lying on the hospital bed, her face pale and her body frail. She was barely conscious and her hand was clutching her stomach. I rushed to her side and held her hand tightly, tears streaming down my face.

The doctor standing next to her bed looked at me with a solemn expression. "Mr. Abhiman, your wife has been through a lot. She was kidnapped and kept in captivity for weeks. We were able to rescue her just in time. However, she is pregnant with triplets and her body is in a delicate state. She is at a high risk of miscarriage."

My heart clenched at the mention of the triplets. Prisha and I had been trying for months to conceive and when she finally got pregnant, we were overjoyed. And now, to hear that her life and the lives of our babies were in danger, it was like a nightmare.

"What can we do, doctor? Is there any way to save them?" I asked, my voice trembling.

The doctor nodded. "Yes, there is. But it won't be easy. Your wife needs constant care and rest. She cannot handle any kind of stress or pain. If you want to save the triplets, you have to take care of her like a baby."

I felt a lump form in my throat as I looked at Prisha lying helplessly on the bed. The thought of losing her or our babies was unbearable. "I'll do anything, doctor. Just tell me what I need to do."

The doctor explained to me the precautions I needed to take and the medication Prisha needed to take regularly. He also said that she needed to be monitored constantly and if there were any signs of danger, she would need to be admitted immediately.

I sat by Prisha's side for hours, holding her hand and caressing her hair. I knew this wasn't going to be easy for either of us, but I was determined to do everything in my power to save our babies.

Hours turned into days and Prisha's condition remained critical. She was put on complete bed rest and I took over all her responsibilities. I became her full-time caregiver, making sure she took her medication on time, ate healthy, and got enough rest.

There were days when Prisha would cry, feeling helpless and frustrated. She hated being confined to the bed, unable to do anything. But I would always hold her, wiping her tears away, and assuring her that everything was going to be alright.

The doctor was right, taking care of Prisha was like taking care of a baby. But I didn't mind it one bit. In fact, it made me feel closer to her and our unborn babies. I would talk to them, telling them how much we loved them and how eagerly we were waiting for their arrival.

As the days passed, and it's been 2 weeks now, Prisha's condition began to improve. She was able to sit up and move around a little. It was slow progress, but every small step was a victory for us. And then, finally, the day arrived when the doctor said she could go home.

Prisha and I were overjoyed. I helped her get dressed and we made our way home. As soon as we entered the house, she went straight to the nursery we, we mean i, Yash, Dharya and Kiara along with other family members , which had been prepared for the triplets. Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked at the tiny clothes and toys we had bought.

"I never thought I'd get to see this," she said, her voice full of emotion.

I hugged her from behind and kissed her cheek. "We are going to be parents, Prisha. You made it. And we will do everything in our power to ensure that our babies are healthy and safe."

The living room had been transformed into a sea of pastel colors. There were baby cribs, changing tables, and a rocking chair strategically placed around the room. The walls were adorned with colorful animal decals, and there was a small teepee in one corner.