REGRETS

MINGYU POV

Years passed by since the day he left; My heart was full of regrets. I drowned myself with work to try and forget my feelings but all my efforts are futile. I still love him, and it will always be him, only him. I just hoped he stayed at our old apartment so I can still see him and continue loving him from afar, but I guess what I did was too much, I hurt him and I know that. He probably hates me and would want to forget about me. I just hope, wherever he is right now, he is happy and healthy. Thinking about the possibility that he had already committed to another person feels like crushing my heart, but hey, I deserve that pain. I was a coward for not fighting for what we have just because I was an heir. He should have all the love in this world, and not even my pain should stop him from getting what he deserves.

I was able to rise to the position of being the CEO/President of our company and during my term, the company was able to reach new heights. Thanks to all the emotions I wanna get rid off making me work like a horse day and night. I tried to become work focused that I already forgot being a human. I know how my employees would talk about me behind my back saying how cold, emotionless and strict I am, that they were afraid of me but I don't care. I want everything to be perfect, I am paying my staff to do their work up to standard. Mistakes are inevitable but I can only give a person one chance. If they cannot keep up, they get cut. I refuse to pay people not competent enough to do what I require.

I was about to head to the conference room when my secretary called my attention.

Chan: Mr. President, Ms. Bae is waiting for you in the visitor's area.

Damn that woman! I told myself. She was the woman I was supposed to marry but I did everything to delay our marriage. I do not like her and will never like her. Her presence alone screams of wealth, a very elegant woman but I had always known she thinks low of people who were born from a different social class and that is something that I really hate.

Mingyu: Please tell her to leave, I will just give her a call later because my meeting will run for 3 hours.

Chan: Ok Sir!

I just hope she stops showing around uninvited. Lucky I have this meeting otherwise I will not have an excuse to get away from her then I have to keep up with all her bullshit. As much as I want to completely get rid of her, I will be hearing crap from my father so i try to be nice. After what happened to me and Wonwoo, I started loathing my father. I never went home and just stayed in my penthouse. I do not show up even during important occassions. I basically cut my relationship with them. I only communicate with them through emails, sometimes through the phone, but all matters discussed are professional. I don't even remember the last time we had a serious talk as a father and son, he never asked me how I was, was I still eating? was I sick? was I okay? these are things a parent would usually ask their children. Tell them to not overwork and take things seriously but don't forget to rest. Guess I was not as important as his company for him. My mother was no better. She is nice and kind but have no guts to fight for me as his son. She basically just allowed my father to manipulate my life and turned me to the emotional wreck I am today. But instead of breaking down, I am working really hard, I am building myself to be stronger than them so they can no longer control me. Then, if I make it, if it's still possible, I will find my love and bring him back home. I will make sure to be stronger than my father I can crush him to the ground so he can no longer dare to touch what is mine.

————————————————————————————————————————————————
MEETING

Seungcheol: Good afternoon Mr. Kim it is a pleasure meeting you today. I would like to introduce you to Mr.Yoon Jeonghan my trusted assistant.

(shakes hands)