F*c*ed Up

WONWOO's POV

Thinking about everything that happened yesterday, I was spacing out in my office. I keep on checking my phone and typing a message to Mingyu that I can't get to send. I type a message, then delete it. I lost count of how many times I did it. I don't know where to start. The uncertainty of what his reaction is going to be is eating me, I am anxious. I don't want Hangyul to ever feel rejected. I don't care if Mingyu won't accept him, I can raise my son like I always had. But imagining how Hangyul will be hurt if that happens tears me. Lord, please give me a sign, please enlighten me on what I should do and what I should say. I locked my phone and put it on my table, I placed both my hands on my face. Aaaaarrgghh! this sucks!!!!

Taehyung: Hey!

Wonwoo: Oh shit! damn you Tae! you almost gave me a heart attack!

Taehyung: Girl I have been here for like 2 minutes trying to get noticed by you, but you look like a worm being salted you look so restless I cant get to say a word because I feel like I am gonna disturb you!

Wonwoo: You talk to much, what do you need from me?

Taehyung: Here take a look at some of the ideas and articles proposed for the next issue, please send us your feedback by tomorrow afternoon so we can get started.

Wonwoo: Sure Tae.

And so I diverted my attention by doing work. The last issue performed really well so this should live up to that standard as well. I enjoy my job so much but this industry is very challenging. Aside from having a lot of competitions in the market, just constantly thinking of what to put in every issue is draining. It should always be new and unique or people will start to get bored. Trends are also changing every now and then so I have to always keep up. My every day feels like an episode of learning, unlearning and relearning stuff. In this industry, things come and go. If you can't keep up, you will lose.

My work did a really good job of keeping my thoughts away from stress until my phone started ringing. Why is my son's homeroom teacher giving me a call in the middle of the day?

Teacher: Good afternoon Mr. Jeon, I am so sorry for suddenly giving you a call.

Wonwoo: No worries teacher, but is there any problem?

Teacher: Actually, it was your son, Hangyul.

Wonwoo: Did anything happen to my son?!

Teacher: No Mr. Jeon, Hangyul is safe, nothing really dangerous happened. However.

Wonwoo: however? please teacher just say everything in one sentence my heart is about to explode.

Teacher: Well, Hangyul won't stop crying.

Wonwoo: Why?!

Teacher: At lunch time he was eating with his friend Wonbin when suddenly he saw Mr. Kim Mingyu coming out of the administrative building and was about to ride his car. He called him daddy but Mr. Kim looked so surprised and reluctant. He clung to his legs and Mr. Kim seemed a bit upset with that so he raised his voice to your son and that was when he started crying inconsolably. We don't know what to do already Mr. Jeon.

Wonwoo: Where is he now?

Teacher: In the lounge room for stockholders of the school, the principal was also there. Mr. Kim seemed a bit guilty so he took Hangyul with him there and requested to call for you so you can take Hangyul from him.

Wonwoo: I will be there as soon as possible. Thank you for telling me all this.

I quickly cleaned my desk and put all the documents in my bag so I can check it at home later. I sent an email to the CEO to say that I will take an early out due to an emergency. I rushed to my car and drove towards Hangyul's school.
I am currently so upset! This is my fault. The thing I was avoiding so much happened. Hangyul must be so devastated right now. Damn you Kim Mingyu how dare you raise your voice at your own son! But I know I can't really blame him. I wonder how Hangyul knew Mingyu, was it because of that old picture in my wallet? I don't care any more. I just wanna get there and settle this once and for all.