(23)

In Yoongi's Car:-

Jungkook turned to Jennie, his expression serious. "Noona, do you mind telling us about your mother?" he asked, curiosity and concern evident in his voice. Jennie looked at him, a hint of surprise in her eyes. "But why would you want to know about her?" she replied, unsure of what prompted his question. Taehyung interjected, his tone incredulous. "Maybe because not every mother behaves like this with their daughter? 'Either I will live, or you will live.' What the heck, Jennie?" he exclaimed, clearly taken aback by whatever he has seen. Jennie chuckled softly, shaking her head. "Taehyung-ah, trust me, when I first heard her say that, even I was shocked. But now, I'm kind of used to it," she explained, a hint of resignation in her voice. She looked around at all the boys and asked, "Do all of you want to know, or only Jungkook?" "No, no, we all want to listen," they chorused, eager to hear more. Jennie took a deep breath and began her story. "I was four when I found out that my father was the first original hybrid, and my mother is the first original tribrid," she started, her voice soft yet filled with emotion. "They were both very strong, but they didn't love each other. My father already had a girlfriend, but my grandmother didn't approve, so she arranged his marriage to my mother. After the marriage, my father turned off his humanity forever and became cold and rude to everybody. My mother, on the other hand, loved him deeply, despite their constant fights. She still does. Jennie continued, a hint of sadness in her voice. She paused for a moment, collecting her thoughts. "I had a brother who was a witch, so he was stronger than me but weaker than her. My mother wanted to keep him with her all the time, to teach him and make him her slave, but not a tortured slave, a happy slave," she explained, her words painting a vivid picture of her family's dynamics. "When I was six years old, my mother had a miscarriage, and she broke from inside. It was the time she needed her husband the most, but he didn't even look at her. So, she also turned off her humanity and became the way she is now," Jennie recounted, her voice filled with empathy for her mother's pain. "As for why she hates me, she hates me because I was born a werewolf, not a vampire or a witch. At that time, female werewolves were considered omegas, but she doesn't know that I was the first original female alpha," Jennie revealed, her tone tinged with defiance. 

Namjoon, who had been listening intently, asked a question that had been on his mind. "Wait, then how did you become the Queen of the angels?" Jennie smiled softly, her eyes distant as she recalled the past. "Fifteen to eighteen years ago, a major war broke out between vampires and werewolves. My grandmother, who was a witch, tried to stop the war but failed. Many people died, and since then, she hated werewolves and vampires. She decided to give me the moonstone so that I wouldn't get involved in those wars and fights, and so I could become strong and independent," she explained, a sense of determination in her voice. "That's it. That's all about my mother," Jennie concluded, a hint of finality in her tone. Taehyung chuckled, shaking his head. "That's all? That's not all, but okay, Jennie-ah," he teased, lightening the mood.

"Hey, Yoongi?" Jennie called out, turning to Yoongi who was sitting beside her in the car. "Yeah?" Yoongi replied, glancing at her through the rearview mirror. "In what time will we reach?" Jennie asked, eager to change the subject. Yoongi checked his phone and replied, "It's showing three minutes." Jennie nodded, leaning back in her seat. She took out her earphones and plugged them into her phone, preparing to relax for the remaining journey. As she settled in, Jungkook's voice broke through her thoughts. "Noona, does anyone else know about your family other than us?" he asked, curiosity evident in his tone. Jennie nodded, a small smile playing on her lips. "Yes, Jisoo unnie knows in detail, and Rosé and Lisa know in brief. Why?" she replied, wondering what had sparked his interest. Jungkook smiled, a thoughtful expression on his face. "I just wanted to thank you for sharing with us," he said, his voice sincere. Jennie raised an eyebrow, teasing him gently. " You seem curious about my family, are you obsessed? " she remarked, a playful glint in her eyes. Jungkook laughed, shaking his head. "No, I'm not obsessed. I'm just intrigued by your story," he replied, his tone earnest. He reached out and took her hand, his touch gentle. "But if I say that I'm obsessed with your hand, will you give it to me?" he asked, his voice husky with emotion. Jennie chuckled, pulling her hand away gently. "Actually, I can't give you my hand because my powers come from there," she explained, a hint of mischief in her tone. Jungkook nodded, accepting her explanation. "Okay, noona," he said, a smile playing on his lips. "Okay, Jungkook-ssi," Jennie replied, her gaze meeting his. They both smiled, lost in a moment of shared understanding and camaraderie.