CHAPTER 2

Katalina and I strolled through the dimly lit hall. Our shadows cast against the dark charcoal timber as I reflected on my conversation with the Captain.

PREVIOUSLY:

"Yourself and John-David are siblings?" I interrogated the Captain. This news surprised me to the core.

What were the odds that the mysterious man had any sort of relations with this traitor.

"By blood no...but by Spirit, yes." he mumbled under his breath.

"What kind of Spirit do you speak of?" I inquired.

"That of He Who existed before time itself existed.-" He wheezed. "-You hold fast to your integrity, how is it you don't know which Spirit I speak of?" The Captain mocked and cackled.

Scowling at his arrogance, I raised my hand to an armoured man who immediately whipped the Captain.

I scrutinised Katalina as she trembled, silently telling her to seize from all sorts that provoked my speculation of them.

"Could it be? You have become so bold and brash, oh Captain." I taunted.

"I speak what I know." The Captain uttered.

This John-David was my biggest ally to a solution that could potentially save my life and empire.

And as quickly as the thought came, I decided to spare the life of this man, only because of his relations to the anonymous man I so evidently wanted and needed.

The Captain's glistening eyes were swollen and I couldn't help but recoil at his battered hands.

"Tell me his address." I bit in a thin voice.

"On one condition." He negotiated. His gaze was patronising and intense. As if he was seeking something that could only be found by hope and a kind of Faith I knew nothing of.

"What is it?" Princess Katalina stepped forward before I could raise my hand again.

"You guarantee me the safe arrival of my children."

"Are you not aware that you are being held in a prison as a traitor? Why then do you think I will assist you to look after your children?" I seethed.

"Because I have something that you want?" He swallowed.

"You don't even have anyone to look after them." I mocked.

The Captain sighed and fixed his eyes on the blood stained concrete. Slowly and tauntingly, a tap dripped while the whistling of a guard could be heard in the distance.

The Captain's jaw clenched and his hands gripped the soiled chains that bound him.

"I will look after them." Surprised, I turned to my sister as her bold words hit the walls. They held each other's gaze and I muttered underneath my breath.

Glaring at the man, I became bitter at his softened countenance. This man was surprisingly gentle with my little sister and I did not like it one bit.

I was beginning to deeply sense that there was so much more behind the Captain and my dear little sister, Princess Katalina.

However I was in an immediate crisis in a world full of my own problems that needed my attention to find a man whom I have never met.

"He lives on 777 Lord Street. The Kratians control that part of the city." The Captain gently sighed as he hung his head down.

"What exactly does he want from you?" Katalina catechized.

Wincing, the captain turned to the misty barred window that hung quite high from the ground. The moon shone in a subtle hue, providing the light in this dark room.