CHAPTER 7

True to His words, John-David woke us up to go to church early in the morning.

John-David's carriage driver drove us while I sat on the passenger seat next to John-David, and Gabriel sat at the back with Hope and Faith.

The horses galloped gracefully for a while. I resisted re-visting last nights dreams, choosing rather to focus on the journey to church.

The travel was not far but it was questionable as we stopped beside a bunch of bushes in an unknown area.

Although the scene was mysterious, it was also calm and peaceful. A soothing sensation to both the ears and eyes.

Leaves swayed past as the wind subtly touched the tips of each leaf. A vibrant melody in the dark, night life.

John-David hopped out and told everyone to remain in the carriage. We compliantly nodded and did not leave, even though I was tempted to see where he was going.

Sometime had passed and the sun was still sleeping beneath the woods.

I turned around and saw that the girls both rested on the shoulders of my brother.

He welcomed their gentle and sweet presence; I knew all too well Gabriel had grown very fond of the girls overtime.

I was nervous about what to expect. I had never actually attended church before.

But I could see that the girls were well and truely excited and prepared for what lay ahead of us.

They both wore light blue dresses with white ballet flats.

Faith's hair was French braided and Hope's hair was Dutch braided.

Gabriel and I wore white dress shirts, and dark brown dress shoes given to us both by John-David.

He also gave me beige pants and Gabriel a deep, midnight blue pants to complete the outfit.

Gabriel had trimmed his beard and nicely styled his hair into a quiff, while I brushed all my hair back into thick locks and had shaved my beard; All in hopes to look presentable and not entirely noticeable.

It was an hour after the sunshine broke through the woods that John-David returned and the girls awoke from their slumber. A beautiful scene worthy to be admired.

As he opened the carriage door, I could distinctly hear the gentle movement of a soft waterfall and a running stream.

The scent of nature and wood enveloped and entwined itself to John-David's perfumanted scent of cool mint and sandals-wood.

I desired to ask him why we were here, so I bit my tongue in hopes of preventing the burning question to his personal errands.

We continued the journey in silence as some of us were in deep thought, while others merely gazed outside.

Surprisingly the girls said nothing even as we walked into the timber and stonework building.

On the door was a red and white themed logo and the name of the church was written in blue italic, "Jerusalem".

"THE MOST PRECIOUS GIFT :

How many of us when we pray ask God to give us the gift of the fear of the Lord?

Job had tasted everything that life could offer him yet he knew that the value of wisdom was far beyond that of wealth, and that wisdom is found in fearing the Lord.

"But where can wisdom be found?

Where does understanding dwell?

And he said to the human race,