CHAPTER 10

I detested the knowing smile he graced on his lips. This man was not an ordinary man and I did not mean that in a positive manner. He came from a realm that is certainly not Godly!

I briefly remembered my dream where he visited me and I couldn't shake the creepy feeling that shivered down my spine.

Troy stood up but I told him to sit down subtly with my eyes.

However, because his chair scraped against the wooden floorboards, he caught the attention of nearby customers. So he went to grab the waitress indicating that we were ready to be served. "Mind if I join you?"

"Yes.-" I started.

"No." I didn't want him to join but Shiphrah seemed ecstatic about the idea.

I regarded Shiphrah and Caleb smirked. His green eyes were very attractive. But I knew that there was more behind this mad man.

"Well, Thank you my dear Shiphrah," He sat beside her and I felt a wave of humiliation.

"It's good to see you again Dakota. I hope you enjoyed my previous visit" He chuckled and feigned politeness.

My mood for food was over and sour and I thought about leaving the restaurant.

But I thought again and reminded myself that if I left, she would leave with him. Thus... I stayed.

"Can I have a classic Greek salad with extra avocados, bell peppers, and a roast lamb with sweet potato chips?" She said to the waitress who quickly wrote down her order.

"Make that two." Caleb pitched in. It was tempting to also order the same thing. However I knew what I wanted and it was child's play to compete in a race that I already won.

"I will have the creamy mushroom and beef sauce with jasmine rice. I'll also have the same classic Greek salad with extra avocados and bell peppers." I glanced at the lady and it turned out to be a different lady from our original waitress.

She had dark brown cropped hair and sparkling brown eyes. She looked down as I politely smiled at her. In turn her face grew red as she asked whether we wanted anything to drink.

I ordered a some sweet grape juice while Shiphrah ordered a mango and nectar juice. I didn't pay attention to what Caleb ordered as it did not concern me.

I observed my team and realised that Troy was glaring at Caleb.

It was at that point in time I realised that I actually had a soldier who cared about my safety.

I told myself to reward this young man as soon as we returned to the Kingdom.

Speaking of the Kingdom, I had not heard from my family, including Gabriel in over two weeks. I wondered why this was but pulled the thought aside as Caleb said something to tempt me into anger.

"We should go on a double date. Me, you, Dakota here and Kristina."

"Kristina?" Shiphrah looked at me and I knew that this mad man was not only just mad but a lunatic and meddling, busybody gossiper!

"Are you not seeing someone Dakota? I think they even have children together." Caleb taunted and I knew what he was up to.

I however was not going to lose to this imbecile.

"I have no children and neither am I seeing anyone." I said and I gave Shiphrah a promising gaze. Silently telling her not to believe anything.

I also did not believe what this man was saying.

"Are you denying your children?" Caleb continued and Troy stood up and made his way over to us.

"The name's Troy. We've met before. How about you show us where the bathroom is?" Mark was right behind him as Troy hauled Caleb up. I had an inkling that Troy was not asking, rather he was commanding Caleb.