CHAPTER 16

"Let us pray to the God of Prophet John-David for deliverance." I nodded as I followed her wise council.

We remained in the wardrobe for quite some time, praying in peace and asking God for deliverance from the hand of King Malachi, Kristina and their plots to avenge their father. I kept my gaze upon Jesus and in my heart I felt His peace enter and trouble disperse. Like oil, I felt the Holy Spirit fill the room.

We didn't shout, pace or panic as we prayed. From our hearts we prayed by faith as the Holy Spirit reminded me of Prophet's teaching:

"CHRIST DWELLS IN OUR HEARTS, BY FAITH.

And Faith is of Man's heart, not man's brains or man's body.

Serving God is not by Intellect but by the heart.

Commitment to Christ is not a mental assent issue but a heart commitment."

(based on Prophet Leslie Sermon: Prayer)

"You are a hearing God, We thank you Lord for hearing and answering our Prayers." Shiphrah prayed as Prophet John-David would and I was assured that she walked behind the Prophet in faith, even though by distance she was miles away from him. Like her mentor, she devoted her heart completely to her master's Lord.

The time for dinner came and Katalina hustled Shiphrah into an elegant dress while I made my way downstairs for my grand entrance. Troy, Stephen, Mark and Matt followed behind me leaving Max, John and Luke with the girls. Gasps from other maids and servants of my household could be heard as the news of my return provoked attention from the whole nation.

The furnishing of the palace was pleasant and elegant. Much that I would expect from Malissa as she assisted me to arrange for this dinner. I sat on my throne with the princes from the surrounding Provinces of Grakos, King Malachi, Princess Kristina and her two children, My Father and Mother, and Malissa's family.

Everyone looked grim as I regarded King Malachi with a confident smile.

Orchestral classical music could be heard as chatter brought forth a very public atmosphere.

"What is the meaning of this son?" I held the gaze of my father, seeing him for the first time in a long time. His eyes were heavy with a burden I knew all too well that clung itself to the family for years.

"Where is Gabriel?" It was my mother, her voice soft and yet worried for her last born son.

I held their stare and made no intention to answer their many questions. Soldiers surrounded the premises of the hall but I kept Troy and his men close to me. I remained my focus on Kristina and her cheeks burned as she glared in Troy's direction who spared her no attention. Understanding the magnitude of the confirmation of my previous assumption I looked at her children. Now that I knew the truth, the children looked exactly like a mixture between Troy and Kristina.

I nodded to Lucy who subtly made a short appearance and as quickly as she came, she disappeared in a glance.

I held a firm gaze between king Malachi and myself as I challenged his last letter sent to me before my departure to Hempton. I stood still and the people silenced. Journalists and artists were on full display capturing every scene and quickly drawing the features of those who attend my dinner.

I smirked at the level of weariness that possessed the hearts of my offenders. Malissa being nowhere to be found, I graced my audience with my first speech of the night.

"With my sudden departure I know I owe it to everyone to address a certain matter that arose in my absence." Kristina sat perfectly as she always has. Her lips were pursed as she clasped her hands together. I couldn't quite understand the gaze she gave me but I continued to speak to the nation God had given me to shepherd.