CHAPTER 13

Everyone held great expressions of relief, yet I was disheartened to leave the man who I spent a lot of time with. "Will you come with us?" I stepped forward and Prophet John-David smiled but kept his silence.

"How can I ever repay you for everything?" I sighed as I swept my lingering gaze at the pond.

"By making the greatest resolution and that is to make the word of God a standard for your life." (Prophet Leslie 2021 The Greatest Resolution)

"Please come with us, let my people hear the Word of God. Especially your brother. Would he not love to see his whole family again?" I pleaded with the Prophet yet he maintained his silence.

Shiphrah held my hand before she hugged Puah who was silently crying at our departure.

"Can we see my family before I leave?" Shiphrah asked Prophet John-David who nodded before he hugged the young lady.

"Can I talk to the King by himself?" Prophet John-David excused everyone from the altar room and I suspected that they went to pack their bags.

"Before you depart you must pay your dowry to Shiphrah's parents. This way they will accept and bless your marriage. Do not just leave with Shiphrah, lest they rise up against you and say you have taken our daughter without our knowledge." Prophet John-David advised me.

"I speculated as much. I have already sent word to a messenger." I said carefully as I remembered the conversation I had with Shiphrah about meeting her family.

"When do you plan to meet them?" He asked me.

"Tomorrow, that being Saturday and a good day to spend much time with her parents." I mused into the warm air.

"I will accompany you. This is my parting gift to you." I could not hold the emotions I had in my heart. I wept for this man and he hugged me.

"Why have you been so kind to me despite the fact that I hold your brother in prison?" Prophet John-David hugged me and I felt the love of a father.

"Because of the gospel and the light that I see in your future." He comforted. "You're not like any other king before you."

"I don't understand this kind of love." I said to him.

"The love we have for God, flows to love for men (Prophet Tb Joshua). We are supposed to be enriched with love that overlooks the weaknesses of others (Prophet Leslie)." The Prophet was undeniably wise in all he said.

"Please, at least stay with us, everyone in your household. I will build for you a house in which you can stay, a church will be built for your God. Please just come with us." I negotiated with the Prophet as I asked God for mercy and favour in my heart.

Suddenly the man who had originally sent me in the time of the siege reappeared before our eyes.

He was clothed in light and held a sword set ablaze.

Beside him was an angel who was also clothed in white. His hair was platinum blond, he was delicate in appearance and extremely beautiful, strong and fearless.

"For the partition of your heart oh King Dakota has been a present persistence and a cry to God as it has reached heaven, thus the Lord has spoken, Build the church and then His servant will consecrate the church. Only be strong and of good courage." Like snow against a warm hand, the men who were with us disappeared in a mist of light.

"The effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."(James 5:16) It was Prophet John-David who said this before he ushered us both out the door as if nothing happened.

"Well I'm very happy you'll be coming home with us,'' I whispered to him as we drew nearer to Shiphrah and Puah.

"Of course after you build the church." He gingerly chastened.