CHAPTER 6

I walked through the soft grass and headed towards the mountains.

The moon had long disappeared from the sky and the sun began to rise above the mountains.

I stood in the valley and I was mesmerised by the bright light that went before my eyes.

I covered my eyes with my elbow and squinted.

The sun rays were soft and vibrant as colours glistened through the air.

Suddenly an immense amount of joy filled my heart.

Above me, from the realm of Heaven, a voice spoke as the sun began to rise over the mountains.

"Good Morning. It is a new Dawn."

The voice was soft and vibrant, and yet it was deep.

My inner man felt peace as the sun continued to rise and became brighter and whiter.

I woke up and discovered that the night hour had not yet left us.

As was my custom these past couple of days, I arose and left my room in my silk, gold pyjama set I hid in my bag before we left Grakos.

I entered the library to see John-David waiting for me. He sat at the table, where I would usually read the Bible.

He was writing something in a journal that looked like the one he gave me, except that it was a light misty grey.

Nearing him, I sat in my usual seat and drank in the sight of the piano.

It was then that he realised that I was seated before him, so he stopped writing.

"Do you play the piano?" I asked him as he placed his pen down.

"I was a teacher." He soothed as he raised his right eyebrow.

"Was?" I queried in an attempt to engage further in his conversation.

"I had a few students, but one in particular used this very piano." He pointed at the grand white piano I dreamt of many times.

It had golden intricate designs that spoke of it's hardened beauty. Delicate but strong; Fierce and yet so soft.

He gazed at me and suddenly there was a sparkle in his eyes. "I will ask you this question, how long have you been here Dakota?"

It was a very off topic question I had to think and calculate the dates we have stayed in his home as strangers of a land unknown to us.

It had been quite some time since our arrival and many days had passed, but I knew the timeframe. "It will be 2 months and 7 days tomorrow."

"And it is Sunday tomorrow, one of the most important days of your christian walk." He seemed delighted to share this news, as if he held his tongue for quite a while.

"Why is Sunday more important than any other day?"

"We're going to Church." He slaped his journal and beamed at the ceiling.

I was flabbergasted at his unfamiliar cheerful voice. I had only ever heard him be quite more serious than casual.

"The last time I had been to church was when I was announced King of Grakos for my coronation. That alone was a long time ago." I chuckled nervously.

"That doesn't matter. In one's life, there is an appointed time for everything- Be ready by 5." He chimmed and got up to leave.

"I may not know much about church but I know it doesn't start at 5." I also stood up and headed in the same direction he was racing to.