CHAPTER 8

Suddenly, I felt a hand pat my shoulder, and I realised it was Prophet John-David.

The woman ran to him and her smile brightened the room.

"Shiphrah, what a blessing it is to see you." He ruffled the lady's hair before she took notice of the rest of us.

Her eyes were an emerald teal green with a hint of dark brown.

Her hair was jet black and cropped to just below her shoulders, in likeness to the way I saw it in the dreams.

She had full lips and long lashes, and a head shorter than me.

She wore an emerald green cowl neck dress, which accentuated her chocolate-caramel complexion.

Her presence radiated innocence and her smile was contagious.

"Puah and Shiphrah, meet Gabriel and Dakota. Puah is my wife and Shiphrah is my dear cousin." Prophet John-David introduced us and we all shook hands. Puah was very light in complexion with long dark brown hair.

Her eyes were ocean blue and her smile was a diamond. She wore a white sundress.

She was quite tall, just above average height, yet she was still shorter than Prophet John-David himself.

"Well dinner is ready, good thing we were walking in the Spirit as there is quite an amount of food." Shiphrah held her hands in a polite manner before she gestured for us to plate our food.

The table was nicely designed with flowers, candles and themed white, red and green.

We had roasted lamb, fried fish, road runner chicken, some creamed spinach and peanut butter broccoli leaves, rice, a white lump thing that looked like mashed potatoes...

"What dish is this?" Gabriel and I asked Simultaneously. Prophet John-David burst into laughter as the two ladies softly laughed.

"That my friend is PAP! The best dish on the table."

As we were seated on the table, I saw Gabriel picking at the dish we had questioned.

I analysed my own plate. I saw that when it came to pap they had thrown table manners out the window. They were eating with their hands!

I picked up my spoon and placed the pap in my mouth. It was terrible! Nevertheless, I saw Shiphrah looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"How does it taste?" She asked with a slanted smile.

"Really good." I know. I lied. I didn't want to tell the truth.

Suddenly I heard laughter around the table and the Prophet shook his head.

Gabriel swallowed some water as he had copied me. "It's soft but a bit dry" he said.

"You're supposed to treat it like rice. Look I'll show you." Shiphrah took a bit of pap in her hands and kneaded it with her fingers before she picked up some peanut butter broccoli leaves.

As she placed the food in her mouth, Gabriel and I copied her.

It was then I finally understood why Prophet John-David stated it was the best dish on the table because it truly did taste great... so long as it acted like rice.

Not long after the girls arrived home in time for dessert. It was mango cheesecake.

"Aunty Puah, Aunty Shiphrah!" Faith and Hope were ecstatic to see the ladies as they ran and hugged them both.

"Alright it's time to sleep girls." The Prophet said gently to his nieces.

"Aww, will you be here in the morning Aunty Shiphrah?" I looked at the young lady and also hoped for her return.