CHAPTER 12

As we pulled up to the driveway, Prophet John-David was waiting for us outside the door steps.

The wind whistled and the trees danced pleasantly against the moonlight.

He looked at me and I smiled as I opened the door for Shiphrah.

"I see that it went well." Shiphrah turned her gaze to the ground as a groundbreaking smile traced her lips.

"Thank you Prophet." She beamed before running inside to meet Puah.

Suddenly the women squealed and the Prophet nudged me. "So? How did it go?" He fished for information.

"It went really well. I can tell that she takes after you and Puah." I shook his hand and I told him more about the dinner.

"I am happy then. Come now it is time." He beckoned me and I was left abashed.

"Time for what?" I asked as I followed him inside with Troy and Luke behind me.

Prophet John-David only smiled at me before addressing everyone else inside the house.

"Come, we need to present them to the Lord. He has been good to us. After that, We shall present our matter before the Lord in fasting and prayer." Prophet John-David held Puah's hand as he gestured for everyone to follow him.

We went down a hall and into the library. But we did not open the library door.

Right next to it was a large painting that had Shiphrah's name at the bottom. It was a beautiful large portraiture of both Prophet John-David and Puah. I was left internally shocked. Why? Because I had never seen it before this.

Prophet John-David lifted the painting and behind it was a hidden door. We walked down a dark hallway and into a set of stairs. Prophet John-David opened another door and before us was a room full of peacefulness, greenery, a fishpond and an indoor water fountain.

"Woah." It was Luke.

"This room is not on the house plan." John gasped out.

"That's because the angels of the Lord Guard this place. No one enters without divine invitation for this place is Holy." Shiphrah touched one of the leaves and I held her hand.

This time she let me.

"I get why they told us to go and eat first, to prepare us for the fast ahead." I whispered in her ear and she laughed softly.

"Yeah. It went from zero to one hundred real quick." I laughed at her joke and cleared my throat as I realised everyone was looking at us.

"Don't get distracted now kids. Keep maintaining what you have received." Prophet John-David Strongbone piped in the cool air.

I fluttered my gaze across the room and turned to see a stand which looked so much like an altar.

Prophet John-David and Puah knelt before it and everyone followed their example.

I didn't know what we were doing but I assumed that we were praying.

"We thank you Father. You have remembered your servant in the midst of this chaos. I pray oh God that you remember the lives of your King and his nation, King Dakota and His wife Shiphrah." Prophet John-David started as we all closed our eyes.

"We have waited and you have not failed us. Have mercy on us all oh my Lord. The God of Prophet Tb Joshua, Let your mercy and your favour please speak for us." Prophet John-David seeped his right hand into the pond underneath the altar as if it was a cup and poured some of its water on himself. Then he did the same to Puah. He then reached for a cup and filled it with the same pond water and he poured a share of it on each of my soldiers.