CHAPTER 20

Now it took 6 hours for the physician to come back with the news of Puah's condition.

"Physician Trina. What is the condition of Puah?" I asked as everyone stood up. The Prophet kept silent but was very serious about the matter.

Physician Trina took a deep breath as she attempted to relate Puah's medical state. "I-I don't k-k-know what to tell you." She took a shaky breath and pulled at her collar. She turned from the room, back to us and ripped her hair tie off.

"May I be seated your Majesty?" She requested of me and I realised that she seemed rather unusually and uncommonly frightened. I nodded and she sat where I had previously sat down.

"You may think I'm crazy. However right as I was closing the wound on her chest. I realised that her heart beat had dropped. She has been dead over 2 and a half hours. We did everything we could to resuscitate her." Physician Trina breathed.

Prophet John-David kept silent. I then remembered that Prophet John-David had no children. It was just himself and Puah. "What have you seen?" The Prophet inquired and broke the silence of the room.

"I saw a dove enter her heart." Physician Trina whispered. "We tried our best to stop it, but it was unearthly and supreme." She swallowed what seemed to have clogged her throat.

"It is not my will but the Lord's Will that must be done. Has anyone else gone to sleep among those who came with us?" Prophet John-David asked and we found that only Puah had passed on.

As we settled the people in well established dwellings, Prophet John-David was our first guest in the grand, ancient and luxurious Palace of Eden. He resided in my room as it was the best and most secured.

We buried Puah in the tombs dedicated to the former kings and queens of Grakos. We did this in honour of her impact in my life and the life of her people.

Throughout this experience I wondered why the Prophet wouldn't pray to God for the resurrection of his wife. But I also understood that the Prophet held a very deep mystery about himself.

We had returned home with everyone and the week of celebration turned into the week of mourning.

My people and those who followed the Prophet comforted each other in prayer and supplications to the Lord.

We prayed for God to intervene in the life of Prophet and Puah.

I reflected upon my own past experience and the story of Jesus and Lazarus.

A full 2 weeks had surpassed and the Prophet never left my bedroom. He neither drank nor ate anything. Queen Shiphrah also neither ate nor drank, confirming to me the hardship they faced with the sudden departure of a dearly loved one.

"How come this man you call Prophet has not come down to meet us?" It was my father. My mother glared at him with dismay.

"Do not be so cold and brash. This is a Prophet in our midst not a mere commoner. Remember his wife has returned home into the arms of the Father." Mother reprimanded my father.

Suddenly Queen Shiphrah came down the hallway, pale and fragile.

"I had a dream." She was persistent. She took my arm and dragged me from my breakfast. Outside my bedroom door she knocked continuously. I was surprised that she was this bold.

"Prophet! Prophet John-David!" Queen Shiphrah persisted. Her knocking caused everyone to gather around.

Prophet John-David came out of his room with a sombre expression. I felt so much pain for him and his loss. Puah was a joyful person with a tender kind of heart that only existed in mothers.