CHAPTER 11

"King?" Shiphrah dropped her hands and I winced internally.

Licking my lips, I tried to come up with a plausible reason as to why I never told her the truth in the first place.

"Well this wasn't the way I wanted you to find out." I sat down in front of the Prophet who kept silent as Puah leaned on him. I sighed before I tapped my fingers against the arm of my seat.

"Does that explain why they follow you around all day long?" my men shrugged and laughed away at her statement.

"I guess that explains that." I nervously scratched the back of my head.

"How come you never told me?" She squinted and I looked to the Prophet for help. He merely amusedly looked away.

"I'm not in this." Puah laughed silently before avoiding my gaze too. Like the Prophet, my men did the same.

These people! How could they leave me at the feet of a lioness?! I thought as I forced myself to face the music.

"I mean, it isn't something that you can just tell anyone." I muttered as I searched for a way out.

"Am I now just anyone to you?" Shiphrah glared and I swallowed.

Lord Jesus Christ, give me the wisdom to solve this dilemma of mine, I thought as I shook my head in disbelief. This woman, how did she only pick that up.

"Not at all. I just genuinely wanted my assets to not be the reason why anyone, I mean you would want to be acquainted with me," I replied in a convincing manner.

"So you thought that I was an exploiter then." She folded her arms and I sat back down in defeat.

Suddenly the Prophet burst out laughing. I was glad that my misery could somehow bring out humour to the rest of the human race. Please note the sarcasm.

"Shiphrah, all I am trying to say is that being a king is not something that I can just throw around. I have to be careful who can know this fact about me outside the kingdom. I am in enemy's territory right now." I leaned forward.

"Okay, but my question is how you and Caleb became enemies?" Shiphrah assessed her bracelet.

"I have a lot of enemies. But this Caleb, is another enemy I never knew that I had." I informed Shiphrah as I knew everyone else was intently listening in on the conversation.

Prophet John-David sighed before he wiped his face from whatever attempted to cause him to grimace,

"Caleb is a woeful man." Prophet John-David killed the silence and enlightened us. "A man so full of discontempt and a lost disciple."

"Whatever happened to him." I asked as so many questions surfaced throughout my heart.

"He got distracted or rather, decieved." Prophet John-David murmured as Shiphrah and Puah gave each other a meaningful look.

"It truly is such a pity." Puah stated as Shiphrah sat beside me. Suddenly everyone became silent, and I couldn't help but also be swallowed in the depths of the calmness of my companions.

Prophet John-David cleared his throat as he pointed at the close proximity of both Shiphrah and I.

Embarrassed, I shuffled away from the cousin of the Prophet. Shiphrah in turn elbowed me very painfully. "What's your biggest problem? Am I contagious now?" Shiphrah muttered and I sheepishly shuffled back.

"No, of course not." I reassured her. The Prophet shook his head in humour before clearing his throat.

"Dakota, you must be very aware that courtship and marriage is a serious thing in one's life and requires commitment." Puah interceded.