Chapter 23

Massiah head was spinning all she wanted to do was lay down.

The tears wouldn't stop flowing as she stuck the key into her hotel door entering inside she instantly broke down. How could David have put her through such pain. He knew what they went through when they was younger he knew how she felt about him so why would he leave her in the blind like that for two long years.

"Baby what's wrong?!" Lance asked coming out the bathroom.

He watched as Massiah breathing became heavier.

"Massiah baby calm down and tell me what happened. I really need you to calm down." Lance said thinking about her and the baby's health. He was starting to get irritated because he had no idea why she was so upset. He picked her up off the floor and carried her to the bed.

"Massiah I knew that wasn't a good idea letting you come down here! That situation is still fresh for you. Massiah I know you love him but you have to face the fact that he's gone and he's not coming back."

"He's NOT DEAD!" Massiah said between her Cry's.

"Excuse me?" Lance knew for a fact that his girl was tripping. He figured all of this had her going crazy.

Lance stared at her for a minute before his phone rung. He wasn't going to answer until he seen it was Josh who was calling. He quickly picked up because Massiah was the last person he was with.

"Josh can you explain to me why Massiah is so upset?" Lance asked. Josh gave Lance the whole story which left him dazed. The fact that David had faked his death was a lot but what pissed him off was they put his child in harms way.

"Josh I'm not understanding, she's pregnant! You knew what she had gone through for those two years! Why in the hell would you think for one second that it was okay for y'all to do this shit while she's almost seven months pregnant! Hell she went through torture for two years what the hell was two more months!? Y'all really wasn't thinking this shit out! That's my girl and my child !" Lance said as he looked at Massiah she was getting calmer but as he thought about the situation he began to get pissed. Yes David did this to save her life. But the timing of telling her was all wrong.

Lance spoke to David on the phone and told him that it would take Massiah a few days but he would do his best to try and get her to understand. He offered to fly Daivd out to New York in about two weeks.

"Massiah?" Lance called as he walked back into the room. She gave him a evil glance warning him not to say anything about the situation. But Lance went against it.

"Baby maybe you should hear him out. From what I heard he had a damn good reason to do what he had done. I don't agree with what was done but it was for the best."

"Lance don't okay just don't! I'm ready to go home. Can you book us a flight!"

"So you're not going to converse with him first?"

"Did he converse with me before he faked his death for two fucking years?...NO! EXACTLY! Book the flight Lance. And don't tell me shit else about what the fuck they had to say!" Massiah said getting up off the bed.

"Massiah first fighting fire with fire is not going to make the matter any better. Two stop talking to me like I'm your child. Three Grow up and examine the bigger picture. He did it to save your life."

"Save my life!? If they wasn't out doing what the fuck it was they were doing nobody life would of been on the damn line! Two you don't know shit about anything so don't come telling me what I should do! NOBODY KNEW WHAT THE HELL I WAS FELLING! Nobody Lance! Not you ! Josh or David! It was fucking torture! I had hate in my heart! For no fucking reason! So don't tell me what the fuck I should do! "

"Massiah I didn't come here to argue with you. You want to leave fine we can leave but when we get home I don't want to hear shit about this situation and I mean not a damn thing! Since I don't know shit about it!" Lance left Massiah standing there as he walked out of the hotel room.

Lance had been out for about two hours before he came back in. He decided to meet up with David and to also let Massiah cool off. David was cool to him and he could tell he had so much love for his sister. They talked about everything. He even helped Lance understand Massiah more. Lance also loved the fact that David was excited about being an uncle.

Massiah was still up watching TV when he entered in. They only glanced at each other not saying a thing. Lance made his way to the shower.

Thirty minutes later he made his way to the bed.

"You know I love you right?" Massiah just looked at him then back at the TV.

"I love you too Lance. Is what I was looking for."

"Where were you?"

"Went to grab something to eat." Lance knew not to mention David or it would be round two of the arguments.

"Can I at least hold you while we sleep. I'm not going to bed with this mad shit still going on." Massiah looked at him before turning off the television. Fluffing out her pillow she laid down allowing Lance to pull her close to him.

"I love you Massiah."

"I love you too Mr. Gardener."

"Really Massiah!" Massiah chuckled as she turned around and pulled Lance face to her. Placing her lips onto his she kissed him so passionately.

"You was my boss before my man." She said pulling back.

"Whatever."

"I missed you and I'm sorry I took my angry out on you. I love you so much and I can't see myself living without you." She apologized

Lance just stared at her before kissing her and turning off the lights.

What Massiah and David was going through was their business all he was there for was to be Massiah support system.