V. Serve

Bam!

Hideko hit the floor with a grunt as she received Ushijima's serve, sending it to her brother as best as she could.

Good enough. I hope. She thought as she scrambled up to her feet and ran towards the net.

"Mine!" She screamed out as she got closer to the net readying herself to jump, fire glinting in her eyes and a smirk adoring her face. A look of pure cockiness. She sees Tendo stare at her, ready to block her attack.

Bam!

"Momentarily confusion is enough to sway someone's perception." She said as she land after jumping . Tendo looked at her with furrowed brows and a small frown. Deep in thought.

Hideko ran towards her brother and Daichi and gave them each a high five congratulating them for the point Daichi got from his attack.

She turned towards Tendo.
"Don't you agree Tendo-san?"

"Wah! Chibi-chan! That was amazing! You can actually play!" Oikawa said as he push his face close to the net, looking down at her.

Before she gets a chance to answer, coach Irihata include himself in the conversation.

"Of course she can. I coached her."

"Well, well, well, coach Irihata, you're not the only one who coached her." Coach Nekomata added.

"I was first though." Coach Irihata replied smugly.

"I believe I'm the one who-" coach Nekomata was cut off by Hideko's brother.

"I'll stop you both right there. It's obvious where she learned all her skills from. She's an Ukai after all." Ukai said with a smirk.

"Well, I sure did not taught her cheap tricks." Coach Washijō said.

Cheap tricks? Hideko thought annoying her for a little bit.

Everyone's head were jumping from one coach to another as if embodying ping pong balls in a game.

"Geez. I'm not the one who scored the point." She whispered to herself.

"Your turn." Ushijima suddenly said facing Hideko.

She looked up to see Ushijima, Oikawa and Tendo staring at her. She nod her head and went to position.

"Oniisan, I'm counting on you." Hideko said as she bounce the ball making her way to the line.

Everyone's attention was placed back to the game.

1-1

Closing her eyes and breathing in deep.

Peep!

She opened her eyes at the same time she threw the ball up in the air.

Jump float serve, there.

She skillfully hit the ball watching it soar through the air and land exactly where she wanted it to.

Peep!

"Yes!" Hideko exclaimed as everyone in the gym lost their voice.

She looked in front to see Oikawa with a tight smile and furrowed brows directed at her.

Serves him right. I intentionally aimed at his side. Of course I play! Yes, I'm petty like that, pretty boy. Hideko thought to herself.

Lucky shot. Iwaizumi thought along with every player in Aoba Johsai.

Her brother suddenly laughed, filling the gym, erasing the still silence of it moments ago.

"She's perfect!" Nishinoya and Tanaka shouted while hugging each other with tears running down their eyes.
As everyone else from Karasuno cheered.