XXII. The Plan

•••
"I can't believe we're actually doing this." Ennoshita whispered as they wait for Johzenji and Nekoma on the rooftop.

"It's freezing out here." Tsukishima said as he buries his face in his jacket.

"Suck it up!" Suga whispered as he slaps each of the boys backs.

"I can't believe we're doing this with the captains knowing..." Tanaka said as he grins and raised his fist.

"Alright! The time has finally come. Daichi has entered his dark era." Noya added.

"Wasn't he already in his dark era?" Asahi mumbled.

"Should we be worried?" Narita asked as he looked around his friends.

"Everyone, shut up! It's past curfew!" Daichi glared at the boys as he rubs his hands together, trying to keep warm.

"Stop yelling Daichi!" Suga said.

"I don't feel good about this." Hinata mumbled to himself.

"What did you say?" Kageyama looked down on the lone boy sitting on the floor.

Hinata looked up and shook his head side to side.

"Think about it. If Hideko-chan finds out, she'll be upset. I don't know if I'll be able to-"

"If! If she finds out. No one will mention this to her. At all cost." Kinoshita said with his hands in his waist.

"Stop being stupid Hinata. We're doing this for her." Kageyama rolled his eyes.

"Then why can't we tell her?" Yamaguchi and Hinata asked at the same time.
•••

••
"Carry your damn feet!" Yaku whispered towards the boys as they walk up the stairs.

"What the hell does that even mean?!" Lev asked as he turned to look back.

"It means to stop dragging your feet and stomping them around. We're trying to be discreet here." Kenma sighed as he zips his jacket.

"I kind of expected for your group to be, how do I say this... move with finesse." Terushima smirked at Kuroo.

"Right. With being cats and all." Bobata added.

"Should be elephants, instead." Futamata chuckled.

Kuroo looked at the Johzenji team with an irk mark on his forehead.

"Ha?! Look who's talking?" Kuroo taunted back.

"Keep it down!" Yaku and Tsuchiyo said at the same time.

The boys grumbled under their breaths as they continue to walk upstairs.

"Elephants walks almost silently, despite their weight because their feet are covered in a soft padding." Kuroo whispered as he glares at Terushima and his friends.

"Thought you should know." Kuroo added as he opens the door to the rooftop.

The boys stopped arguing with each other as they see Karasuno waiting for them.

"Looks like the crows are already here." Kuroo said as he walked over at Daichi.

"Alright! Let's do this!" Yamamoto, Tanaka and Noya bumped their fists.

"Quiet down." Kenma said as he walked over Hinata, who was still sitting on the floor.

"Hey." Hinata greeted him with a tight smile.

"What's wrong?" Kenma sat down beside him.

"I don't know about all this..."

"Tell me." Kenma said as he looks at the group of boys gathered up late at night.
•••