XVII. Sleepover

"Sleepover!?" Hideko and Goshiki yelled in surprise.

"That's ridiculous." Shirabu said.

"I don't mind. Do you guys mind?" Reon asked as he looked at his friends.

"It is not ideal to have her stay the night in our room, Tendo." Ushijima responded.

"It's against the rules." Semi added.

"No, it's not. Technically speaking." Tendo said with a smirk.

"What do you mean?" Kawanishi asked.

"Well, there's no rule that actually says no girl is allowed in our rooms. The rule only stated that no one from outside the camp. In addition, uninvited individuals are prohibited from entering any of the rooms."

"This is a boys camp." Shirabu reasoned.

"Exactly. Rules are rules." Tendo said with a laugh.

"Which means she can stay. She's part of the camp considering she's the manager of Karasuno. And I'm inviting her to our room! See, no rules broken here." Tendo announced looking proud with his idea.

"I still don't think this is a good idea." Semi said.

"It's not. A girl staying in a room full of boys. I wonder why?" Shirabu mockingly said as he rolled his eyes.

"We didn't even ask her yet!" Reon said as he walks over Hideko.

Hideko jumped with the sudden attention. 

Oh shoot. What do I say? What do I do?
Hideko internally panicked as she grips the pillow she was given.

"Um-"

"You should go to your room. Your team is probably searching for you." Shirabu cut her off.

"I don't see any problem with her staying. If what Tendo says is true then there's nothing to worry about." Ushijima said as he sat down on his sleeping mat.

"What?!" Yamagata exclaimed.

The other boys argued with each other as Hideko tried to think.

It's absolutely weird for me to stay. I don't know these guys. I've known Karasuno the longest and I haven't even thought about staying with them for the night. How indecent...

Hideko rubbed her hands together.

But then again, what if the boys come and find her in her room. Not that I'm scared of them. I just don't want to talk about what happened right now. Maybe next week? Next month? I don't know. Never?

Goshiki looked at Hideko siting beside him who had her brows furrowed and a frown on her face.

Ushijima cleared his throat as everyone stopped from talking.

"Hideko, what is your decision?" He asked.

She jumped, startled from someone calling her.

She looked at the boys and gave them a nervous grin.

"If it's not too much.."

"What?" Shirabu asked, surprised with her answer.

"Seriously?" Yamagata added, surprised as well.

She rubbed her arms feeling nervous with everything.

Maybe not the best idea. But I don't want to think right now.

Tendo clapped his hands and went over her.

"Let's go!" He pulled her up and took her mat as they walked to the other side.