XI. Kitchen Duty

"What should I make for breakfast?" Hideko asked herself as she walked in the kitchen.

"Good morning sweetheart!" She looked up to see 2 old ladies working on something.

"Good morning! Will it be okay if I help with making the food for the rest of the camp?"

"Oh, darling! That will be wonderful!"

The 3 of them worked on a simple breakfast of omelette, miso soup and onigiri.

"Feeding 8 teams sure is a lot of food." Hideko said as she help carry the wrapped onigiris outside the kitchen.

"Is it okay if I make something for my team?"

"Of course! You can use anything in here. What do you have in mind?"

"I plan on making them snacks from time to time, protein bars, muffins, bread and even shakes!" Hideko excitedly said as she grinned from ear to ear.

So cute! Lucky boys.

"Sounds great! Will we also have some?"
One of the 2 women jokingly asked.

"Of course! I just love making food." She said as she starts to run back inside the kitchen.

Not enough time. I need to hurry, they're almost back from their morning run.

"I'll go ahead and work on something now!" She said as the 2 women laugh watching her ran away from them.

What can I do I such a short amount of time?!

Hideko ran around the kitchen looking around the ingredients they have.

A refreshing drink? I'll make a smoothie!

She made a mental list as she check the cabinets and freezers.

- Frozen strawberries, mangoes and bananas.
- Chia seeds
- Yogurt
- Milk

I grabbed the ingredients and went to work as fast as I could.

I should make banana cake as well for later.

For the team and the 2 boys who dropped me off last night.

•••
The boys walked inside the cafeteria with towels around their shoulders.

"We're doing this for the rest of the month?" Tsukishima asked the team.

"What? Can't handle a little run?" Kageyama asked him as Hinata laughed at the annoyed blonde.

"Knock it off you 2. Let's just eat something. I want to take a shower." Daichi said as he leads the team to their table.

The cafeteria was filled in no time as the coaches made an announcement on how the day is expected to go.
•••

•••
"Manager-chan! So this is were you've been hiding?" Kuroo asked as he face her in the line for food.

"I wasn't hiding Kuroo-san. I was making breakfast with these 2 wonderful ladies." She said as she pours soup in his bowl.

"Manager-chan? They're your team, darling?" One of the women asked.

"Oh, no. They're not. He just calls me that. This is Nekoma." Hideko said as she pours soup to another Nekoma member.

"Hello neko-chan! Can I have cookies?!" Lev asked as he practically bounce in front of her.

Yaku pushed him to move forward the line.

"Neko-chan!?" Kuroo asked as he walks back to them from his position in the line.