XXVI. Second

•••
"For the nth time, Atsumu! Get your head straight." Osamu said as he stretch beside his brother.

"Before the coaches get back." Aran added.

"You'll be benched the whole time if you-"

"Shut up! I'm on it!" Atsumu marched away from his team towards the bleachers and grabbed his bottle.

I can't help it. I feel heavy. Like something is weighing me down.

Atsumu shrugged off the hand that was placed on his shoulder.

"Oh. Sorry about that. I've been calling you but you seem to be distracted."

Atsumu turned around and stared at Hideko with wide eyes.

"Cupcake!" He yelled as he pulled her in his embrace.

Hideko stood frozen in Atsumu's arms as the boys from Inarizaki and Nekoma watch them.

Kuroo, Yaku and Fukunaga marched towards the two at the bleachers before clearing their throat.

"Mind letting her go?" Fukunaga asked

Atsumu's arms loosened, surprised with the appearance of Nekoma and with himself.

Hold on a second... Why am I hugging her?

Hideko wiggled out of Atsumu's arms and grinned towards the other boys.

"Hey guys! Yamamoto-san is feeling better. He's sleeping right now."

"Why are you back neko-chan?" Kuroo asked as he gently pulls her away from Atsumu.

"I wanted to update you guys on how Yamamoto-san is doing. Also, because I wanted to help out a little." Hideko smiled at them.

"Why? You don't like being near me Kuroo-san?" Hideko winked at the boy who chuckled.

"Quite the opposite, neko-chan." Kuroo draped his arm over her shoulder, walking back together to the rest of his team.

"I'll keep you glued to my side, if possible." Kuroo added as he smirks down at her.

"Keep your hands to yourself." Yaku muttered to Atsumu, jogging to reach Kuroo and Hideko.

"Don't make us tell you for a second time." Fukunaga smiled at Atsumu before joining his friends.

Those cats!
Atsumu grumbled out curse words as he tries to figure out if he's upset with Nekoma or with himself.

Get it together!
••••

"So that's about that." Hideko finished explaining what happened to Yamamoto and Tanaka with her hands on her waist.

Tanaka? Yamamoto? Those 2 idiots better have a good reason why they let neko-chan walk back here. The boys thought as they look at Inarizaki on the other side of the court, watching Hideko.

"Anyway, I'll be going back after a match or something. I'll just-"

"Coach said not to worry about us."

"I know. I know. But I did say I will be helping out, besides the boys are sleeping. I'm not much of a help back there in the clinic."

"You're so sweet neko-chan!" Lev grinned at her.

"We can manage-"

"I know that Yaku-san... You boys are really trying to get me out of here huh? Getting sick of me?" Hideko playfully asked, glaring at the boys.

"What?!" Lev and Inouka yelled out.

"I'm hurt..." Hideko winked at them before turning around.

"Don't worry. I'll be on the other side, anyway." Hideko walked forward but stopped when someone held her wrist.