VIII. Storm

It's a mess.

The whole room is a mess. Everyone ended up cleaning the whole remaining time, even the 2 captains of the other teams.

When the cookies fell, Hinata, Kageyama, Noya and Ryu ran towards them picking them up. Bokuto joined them but when he stood up he accidentally stepped on Hinata. Hinata screamed as he rolled around as others tried to avoid him. Everything escalated from there. Pillows, bags and blankets were thrown across the room. Clothes, ripped cotton from pillows and cookie crumbs were scattered everywhere.

Hideko sighed as she placed the broom and dustpan inside the small cabinet at the back of the room.

"Alright. No more cookies for the 4 of you." Daichi said as he looked at Hinata, Kageyama, Nishinoya and Tanaka.

I would have found this situation funny but right now, I just can't.

Suga was hugging the bag filled with the remaining cookies, standing beside Daichi.

Cookies that were saved. May the fallen ones know they will not be forgotten.

Hideko sighed again as guilt slowly creeped up inside her.

Is it my fault? I mean, I probably should have given it to them during lunch... We're not even advised to eat inside the rooms.

Hideko was deep in her thought as she kept her head low, not noticing the other three 2nd years.

"Hideko-chan, do you need help?" Ennoshita asked, waiting for a reply but receiving none.

"Hey, you good?" Narita asked.

The 3 boys looked at each other as Kinoshita placed his hand on her shoulder to get Hideko's attention.

Nothing.

They kept on calling her while Kinoshita gently shook her.

What's gotten into her? They thought concerned.

Their little group gained the attention of the ace.

"Hey guys. The others went out already. Come on." Asahi said as he nears them.

"Something's wrong. We don't know why she just suddenly.. Well. I don't even know what to say." Ennoshita said to Asahi.

Asahi looked at Hideko about to call her when she suddenly jerked, her head looking at them at a fast pace, looking confused.

"Hey guys. Sorry. Did you say something?" She asked the 4 boys she's with. Finally noticing that they were the only ones left in the room.

"We were just asking if you wanted to come eat lunch with us." Ennoshita said as he looked at the other 3 boys.

Play along. He thought, hoping the other boys catch up.

"Yeah! I want to know about your team! You were amazing!" Kinoshita said.

"We would really like it Hideko-chan if you can share some things to us. We want to know more about you." Narita said with a smile.

"Yeah! You were amazing!" Kinoshita added.

"You already said that." Asahi said with a chuckle as he gave her a nod.

Hideko gave them a tight smile.

"I don't think I'll be eating lunch. I'm still a bit full from our breakfast. We did eat a little late than what I'm used to."she explained.

The 4 boys looked at each other then at her with small frowns on their faces.