★ { Cadence } Lost in the Fray

Reviewer: CadencePadgett0

Author: AsiaAlexandria

Focuse On Request(s): Worldbuilding and pacing

Title: 5/5

The title is unique and easy to remember. It conveys the essence of the story. Overall, I like how it's not a cliche teen romance title and has an important meaning of the book.

Blurb: 5/5

The blurb is great! It introduces the characters and the conflict nicely without giving away too much details. Overall, it got my attention and made me want to read more.

Cover: ⅗

I like the style of the cover, but I didn't understand the purpose of having the main characters behind the screen and on the screen. But I do like the font choice, however I suggest you move the author's name up a little so it doesn't look like it's being cut off. If you haven't already, I encourage you to get a new cover and experiment to see what works best for your story. Overall, the cover looks very nice and has a fun vibe as for a teen romance novel!

Characters: 10/10

I love the characters! You did a wonderful job on developing the relationships that Milo and Nia have with each other and their friends. I like how you set up their personalities nicely and their internal conflicts. I can totally relate to Nia wanting to blend with the crowd at her new school. Overall, the characters are great!

Plot: 10/10

So far, the plot is pretty good. It's easy to follow and it's different from what I normally read. For example, the new girl trope but added a medical condition is something I have never read in YA before. Overall, I think it's good and not cliche.

Writing Style: 10 /10

I adore your writing style! I enjoy reading the descriptions and it's beautiful. And it's on point. It was written like a professional novel.

Grammar: 10/10

I didn't notice any major errors.

World building: 10/10

You did a beautiful job on building the world from the character's perspective and not info dump.

Pacing: 7/10

The pacing was good. I like how you slowly introduce the characters and their personalities. The dialogues and descriptions are in perfect balance to a good pacing.

But the only problem with pacing is the chapter size.

I would have enjoyed it more if the chapters were a bit shorter. When I started to read, I noticed that it was longer than I normally read. So after I read five chapters, I went on my laptop and realized how long the chapters actually are. It's about 18-25 minutes long!

That is the part I have struggled to finish in one chapter during the day.

Every reader is different; some like longer chapters, some enjoy shorter chapters. I prefer it if it was somewhere around 1,500 - 2,000 words. Anything outside of that word count, is considered too long. Just keep in mind that most readers are probably on mobile and likes to finish a chapter quickly rather than finishing up a long chapter.

Anyway, I suggest you break some scenes into new chapters so that way it's easier for readers to finish the chapter quickly.

Overall, I enjoyed the book and hope to continue reading!