16-The Pre-wedding Party

"We cannot simply sit and stare at our wounds forever."
-Haruki Murakami

~~~~
Tay

Fuck.

It was the second time we were kept waiting for almost an hour. New Thitipoom seemed to have a habit of being late for special occasions, almost as if he was doing it deliberately.

I glanced back at the crowd, eagerly awaiting his arrival from the back door of the house. Our event was taking place in the backyard, a decision my father had advised, and I didn't mind it.

The setting sun painted the sky in a golden hue, harmonizing with the party's theme of gold and white. The Vihokratana family wore white while the Techaapaikhun family was dressed in gold.

The backyard was adorned with fairy lights and candles, with tables and chairs set up for guests. A grand stage occupied the center, making me wonder if this was just a party or if my father was already planning a marriage for us.

I squinted at the sparkling decor, and Joss joined me, "Your wife is taking quite a while," he commented with a smirk.

I responded with a roll of my eyes, "Please focus on your matters, Joss. Your behavior is becoming increasingly like Gemini's."

Surprised, Joss recoiled, "What do you mean? I'm just noting the impatience around here." He retreated when I shot him a disapproving look.

"You're not waiting for Thitipoom to make an entrance, it's Gawin, isn't it?"

Caught off guard, Joss hesitated before exclaiming, "Leave it, P'Tay! It's not what you think!"

Unyielding, I continued, "Oh, really? After the incident earlier, I had my suspicions-"

"Fine! Let's drop it. I understand your point. Apologies." Joss smiled and moved away towards Gemini, who was standing with a blank expression. He appeared detached, merely nodding along to Joss's chatter. I sighed, realizing Gemini was reluctant to be there; his presence at the party was mandated by our father to uphold the family's perfect image. How ironic, given our fractured family dynamic.

It is indeed ironic how money can't mend a broken family.

Feeling the need for a drink, I headed towards the bar in our backyard. As I turned away from the stage, my attention was drawn to the large twin wooden door opening, capturing everyone's curiosity.

Mr. and Mrs. Techaapaikhun entered first, followed by Dad engaging in conversation with them. Servants and Gawin with P'Mook emerged next, with Joss eager to join them. Observing Joss pulling Gawin towards where Gemini sat, I noticed Gawin's dismissive reaction.

As Dad announced the imminent arrival of a highly anticipated guest over the mic, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the dramatic tone. This wasn't a movie.

Nevertheless, I found myself fixated on the open door, awaiting his arrival. Then like a flash... There he was. Despite my anticipation, he suddenly appeared at the open door, dressed in a golden undershirt with a jacket over it, and tight leather pants that clung to his skin. Each step he took echoed in the backyard as he approached me, revealing a glimpse of skin beneath his shirt as someone linked arms with him. Phuwin stood beside him, seemingly unbothered by my presence, with a slight smile on his lips. Returning my attention to Thitipoom, I saw his glowing face and was taken aback by his unreal beauty, almost god-like. Fuck me.

"Stop staring," a voice whispered next to me, startling me. I regained my composure and glared at Off, who winked in response.

I grumbled, "Next time, maybe wear a fucking bell so I know you're close."