17-The Boy

“To love and lose and still be kind.”
- Warsan Shire

~~~~
New

Before the pre-wedding party :

I woke up to a heavy weight on my body, preventing me from moving. As I forced my eyes open, I was startled by the unfamiliar surroundings surrounding me.

Definitely. They were at the Vihokratana Mason.

The ridiculous pre-wedding party.

I let out a deep sigh and turned around to find Phuwin sleeping soundly, with soft snores escaping his lips. I gently untangled his arms from around my neck and left the cozy bed.

Striding towards the large window, I fixed my gaze on the gorgeous view below. The cheerful chirping of the birds filled me with a sense of calm, and I knew it was early. Glancing at the digital clock on the wall, I confirmed that it was exactly 10 a.m.

P'Som had promised to wake us for breakfast, but she must have forgotten. After freshening up in the bathroom, I tried to rouse Phuwin.

"Phu, wake up! It's late, and everyone is downstairs. Let's go grab some food!" I assertively whispered to him, and he grunted in response.

I lightly tapped his head to wake him up. He hissed and complained about being woken up so early.

"It's already ten. Get ready quickly... Let's go downstairs for breakfast," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Just five more minutes, P'New," Phuwin whined.

I helped him up and escorted him back to his room. Then, I retrieved my laptop from my bag and reviewed my project, due next week. After thirty minutes, I finished the task and went to Phuwin's room to check on him. He was engrossed in texting someone on his phone.

"Oh, are you ready already? I thought you had gone back to sleep."

He remained silent and took a deep breath.

"What happened, Phu?

He shook his head and handed me his
phone with a picture of a guy showing
his middle finger. I raised my eyebrows in question.

Phuwin gestured to read the text below the picture which said, 'Get your ass here, Pranky! Or I'll burn out the assignment.'

I inquired, "What is happening here? What did you do?" in a stern manner.

With a pointed finger, he identified, "That's the guy, Pond."

I prompted him to elaborate, but he simply maintained eye contact with me. I pressed further, "Well? What happened between you two this time?"

Exasperated, Phuwin shot back, "Really, Phi? Why do you always assume I am the instigator of trouble? He is the one at fault!"

Expressing my frustration, I exhaled, "Fine. Can you provide me with an account of the situation? If I recall correctly, you played a prank on him before. Isn't he the new student who transferred here?"

Confirming, Phuwin added, "Yes... I initially thought he belonged to my class, only to discover he is enrolled in the engineering program. He attended our fine arts session as a substitute. Our conflict began when I accidentally spilled coffee on him previously. And now..." Pausing for effect, he looked at me intently.

"Now what?"

"I might have... kicked him there."

"WHAT–"

"Don't overreact. He ruined my art for the exhibition this week," Phuwin interrupted.

"How did it happen?" I asked.