Chapter One: The Meeting

"Jade Green?" I stood up from my seat after my name was called to be greeted by one of the team.

She smiled, she had brunette hair and a warm smile and she looked very professional, dressed in a blouse and a pencil skirt along with a blazer to go with it.

"How are you today?" She asked.

"I'm good thanks, just wondering why I'm here." I said, smiling back at her.

I had been called randomly by a member of One Direction's management team, something I was surprised at when I had the call, but I agreed to come into their offices to see what they could want.

I was led into a room with big comfortable chairs as a man was seated at his desk.

'Mr Smith' is what his name tag read.

"Hi Jade, how are you?" He greeted with a smile as I took a seat at the desk in front of me.

"I'm okay thank you, but why am I here and how do you know me?" I asked and he laughed.

"Your very straightforward miss," he said, amused.

"I am when I want to know what's going on and why I'm here." I answered.

He cleared his throat, sitting up in his seat and his hands clasped together as he looked at me seriously, the look of amusement in his expression gone.

"I'm a man who likes to get straight to the point so I won't mess around; one of our team have seen you in Starbucks a few times now and each time you seem to be looking in a newspaper for a place to live, am I correct?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Correct," I replied.

"I believe that we can help you out with that if you can return the favour." He explained.

"In what way?" I asked, cautiously.

"We are looking for someone for Harry," he said, his expression blank and unreadable.

"Someone for Harry? You mean someone for him to go out with as a publicity stunt?" I questioned, I'd read about these publicity stunts with celebrities before.

"Correct, your very clever miss," he smiled.

"You want me to be his publicity stunt?" I clarified.

"Not exactly, but kind of..." He said, dragging his words out.

"You see, you may or may not know, but Harry is seen as someone who doesn't stay in relationships very long and someone who has been known to be called a 'womaniser' by the paparazzi before," he said, and I nodded.

"We want him to be in a relationship for longer than a few months as he is not that kind of guy and it hurts him to know some paparazzi see him like that. He's a kind person and his reputation is important to him as well as to us and to the fans." He explained.

"Why would you pick me to do something like this?" I asked, trying to process and comprehend everything he was saying.

"Because we believe we could genuinely help you as well as Harry. You seem like a good fit." He replied, with a smile.

"Okay, but...I'm not sure about this, I don't even know him and it would be faking it. Can't you wait until he finds someone himself who he loves?" I sighed.

"That's understandable, but we want to do this and with some persuasion, he has agreed." He reassured me.

"But, what would I have to do?" I asked, confused.

"You'd have to live with him." He stated, simply.

"Live with him?" I scoffed.

"Correct," he smiled.

"But, why? Won't the paparazzi and fans get suspicious if were just suddenly dating and then were living together?" I questioned.

"Ah, well that's where you both come in. You'll be making an announcement as you will have both been together for a year already and now that your moving in together you'll explain that you thought it was a good time to tell the fans." He explained.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Of course, when I do business, I don't mess around." He told you.

"How long?" I sighed.

"A year." He stated, casually.

"A year?" You exclaimed.

"I can understand that this is a lot to take in and we will of course offer you some time to think about this as we know this is a big issue for you both, but please consider it." He asked, offering me a smile.

"Okay, I'll think about it, how long do I have to make a decision?"

Maybe this could be good, I wanted to move into my own place instead of near the college I attended as I wanted a new start.

"Were going to say three days, we know it's not long but the management team want to get this started and we have been looking for a while now." He explained.

"Okay, but what about my job? I'm trying to get a job, do I have to put everything on hold?" I asked, quickly, not wanting to have to wait for another year.

"No of course not and with the publicity you'll be getting, you might find it easier to find a job. The only thing you do need to put on hold is any relationships, although we thought that would be obvious." He smiled and I nodded.

"Okay." I mumbled, getting up from my seat as he got up to shake my hand.

"Please consider this Jade, you seem like a lovely person and Harry's a lovely man. He asked for a nice, kind person and you do seem like one." He said, genuinely.

"Thank you." I smiled.

I opened the door, leaning against it as I tried to comprehend everything that he had said, this would change everything.

"Jade?" I heard a deep voice say and I looked next to me to see Harry styles.

I didn't think I'd be seeing him just yet and I might not have been anyway if I decide against it.

"I'm Harry," he said, lifting his hand as as he gave me a small wave.

"Yeah, I know who you are." I said, sighing.

"So, have you been told about the contract?" He asked.

"Contract? So if I live with you I have to sign a contract to say I won't leave?" My eyes widened and he nodded.

"Y-yeah, look I'm really sorry that your being put in this situation and you don't know me personally, but I'll try and make the year bearable for you if you do decide to come and live with me." He explained, offering me a warm smile.

"Okay, thank you, I'll think about it." I told him before leaving the office.

He seemed desperate, a look of hurt in his eyes. I did know that the paparazzi could write about him in that way, but I didn't realise how much it was hurting him until I looked into his eyes.

He looked genuinely kind and considerate towards me.

Maybe living with him would work out?

~~~~~~~~~~
This is the first chapter, what did you all think? <3

Lauren<3