Chapter 12 ~ Feelings

Harry's P.O.V:

I woke up, opening my eyes to find that Jade wasn't next to me.

Even though we'd only been sleeping in the same bed for a few days now, I felt at home for some reason. I felt like she needed to be there and it panicked me to find I had woken up alone.

"Jade?" I called, getting out of bed and pulling some clothes on before going to look for her.

I walked out into the living room section of the tour bus to find her staring out of the window, deep in thought.

"Jade?" I called again and she turned around quickly, fear in her eyes before she calmed down.

"Harry, don't do that. You scared me." She said, clutching her chest.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." I said, seriously, knowing not to joke around with everything that had happened.

It seems all I'm doing lately is apologising to her, when I should be making her happy, were supposed to be a team.

"It's okay, I know you didn't. I just need some space." She sighed.

"Of course, I understand that, but is there something wrong? I know a lot has happened over the past few days, but are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" I asked, feeling the need to comfort her.

"Thank you, but I'd rather not if that's okay." She said, sending a small smile in my direction.

"Okay, but... Your not on your own, Jade." I said, sympathetically.

"Yeah I know, were in this together." She sighed, looking away from me.

"No, I didn't mean it like that. I mean- I don't know what I class you as exactly as this is all pretty messed up. But, you can talk to me about anything, not just this relationship were supposed to be in." I told her, sincerely and she nodded.

"Thanks, I- Um, I need some fresh air." She said quickly, pulling on a black hoodie, which happened to be mine.

"Are you sure? I can go if you'd like." I offered and she shook her head.

"No, it's okay." She replied, looking down to realise the hoodie she was wearing was mine.

"Oh, this is yours, I'll go change." She said, nervously.

She seemed distraught, so upset and traumatised, which could be because of the fan who approached her, but I got the feeling that there was something else.

"No, no. You don't have to, you can wear it, it looks better on you anyway." I said, with a small laugh in the hopes of lightening the mood.

"O-okay, if your sure." She stammered, before going to grab the door handle to leave.

"Jade, wait," I spoke softly and she turned around to face me again, clearly just wanting some space.

"N-nothing, it doesn't matter, just, please try and keep yourself safe." I warned her and she nodded before leaving.

I walked towards the window, watching her to make sure she was alright as I saw her put the hood of my hoodie up over her head, before climbing up onto the wall I had found her behind yesterday.

The wall separated the bus from the stadium and was quite a good hiding place for hide and seek. Maybe she felt alone there, safe.

Why couldn't I make her feel safe? This had all gone so wrong and she was acting like I was a complete stranger and I didn't know what to do for the best.

"You okay, mate?" Liam sounded from behind me and I turned around to see he had a genuinely worried expression.

"Not really," I answered, honestly.