Chapter 17 ~ Baby Steps

Jade's P.O.V:

Ever since the day I had agreed to try with Harry, my insecurities were on high.

I couldn't quite work out why I was so afraid exactly, but I wasn't very confident about myself and I had always seen myself as being alone, not being with someone. Everything felt so surreal.

"Morning Jade." Louis smiled as I entered the kitchen to find Harry at the breakfast counter.

I felt awkward about the whole situation, knowing that Harry and I were starting a new relationship, but differently. We had to sleep in the same bed and we'd only just began properly dating, so things felt a little weird.

The boys thought we had been together for over a year, so I still had to act like I had been in a relationship with him for longer than I had.

"Morning Louis." I replied, noticing all of the boys were looking at me.

"Are you okay?" Liam asked and I looked to him to find him looking at me in concern.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." I said, with a small laugh, a small blush forming on my cheeks and I couldn't work out why they were concerned.

I walked over to Harry, taking a deep breath as I tried to steady my nerves.

"Jade, what's wrong?" I heard Harry whisper and I flinched at his close contact.

I looked over at the boys to see that they were engaged in their own conversation.

"I don't know, I just feel a bit nervous." I admitted and he rubbed his hand up my arm soothingly, causing goosebumps to appear on my arms at his warm touch.

Why does he have such an effect on me? I thought.

"Tell me," he said softly, looking at me in genuine concern and I sighed.

"It's just all a bit overwhelming right now, I just need some time to think." I said.

Honestly, I wasn't quite sure what I was feeling right now, but the strong feelings I had for Harry were making me have less control over my thoughts. I didn't even know what I was doing anymore.

"Just go with it Jade, don't be scared, were in this together." He whispered into my ear, slinging his arm over my shoulder.

"Guys come on, not here." Niall groaned in complaint and I looked up to see the boys looking at us, realising how we must look.

Harry dropped his arm from my shoulder, stepping away from me to give me some space.

"Sorry." Harry mumbled and the boys laughed at our interaction.

"Don't be so shy around us, we joke around a lot." Liam added and I nodded, deciding to step out of the room for some air.

I was nervous just by being in the same room as Harry, I couldn't control myself, he was taking over my mind.

"Jade?" His familiar voice asked, closing the door behind him into the corridor of the tour bus.

"I'm sorry, I'm not really feeling in the mood for attention right now." I said.

"I know, I realise that. I just wanted to say I'm sorry if I'm being too over hearing for you, I was going to suggest having a date tomorrow where I cook and we just relax. But it's completely okay for us to go slower." He explained.

"I'll uh... I'll leave you alone now." He added, heading to leave before I stopped him by placing my hand over his.

I didn't know what I was doing at the minute, but I guess I should take the initiative I was feeling.

"No, I'd love to have a date with you tomorrow. It's not you, really." I said, managing to push my insecurities away for a few minutes.

"How about tonight instead?" I offered, feeling bad for pushing him away.

"Are you sure? You don't have to do this quickly, we can take things slower if you want to, I understand." He said, kindly, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"No Harry, I want to, I really do." I said and he smiled.

"Great! I'll see you later then and I'll get everything set up nicely." He said, excitedly.

I went to say something only to be stopped by Harry.

"Shh, you don't have to say it. Baby steps, I know, we'll take things slow, but I want to make things nice for our first date." He smiled and I laughed, lightly.

"I was actually going to say thank you and that I'll look forward to it." I said and he tugged on my arm, pulling me into a gentle hug.

"Your welcome." He mumbled into my hair, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm finding this difficult too, but I'm here for you and I want you to know that you have me to talk to, or to just take comfort in. I genuinely care about you and I want you to know that because you mean a lot to me. I haven't felt this way before." He explained and I smiled.

"Thank you Harry, I know you are and your making it a lot easier for me, I really love you for that." I told him and he blushed as I realised what I had said.

"I-I mean, you know, that I love you for being so kind and for everything." I said, embarrassed and he chuckled.

"It's okay love, I know what you mean, but if you did love me, that would be amazing too." He grinned and I bit my bottom lip, trying to hide my blush.

"I'll see you later, I have rehearsals now, but we could have dinner together afterwards. It doesn't matter if you don't want to. I don't know whether your trying to avoid me lately, but I get the impression that you find this awkward, so I'll leave you alone more if you want." He said, seriously.

I realised I hadn't been spending as much time with Harry, but that was because I wasn't sure whether he wanted to spend time with me or not.

"I'm not trying to avoid you, but ever since this has turned real, everything's changed. Our friendship has become more awkward, but I honestly didn't know if you were busy with the boys or wanted to spend time with them instead." I answered.

"Oh, no I'd love to spend time with you too. I don't think our friendship has changed much, but I understand what your saying and you know why you feel so awkward about things?" He said.

"Why?" I asked, intrigued.

"Because your insecure, I can tell." He said.

"Well, I know, but it's all new to me." I stated.

"I know, but I guess I'll just have to be the confident one in this relationship until you gain some confidence." He said, with a laugh.

"Yeah you will and for your offer on lunch, I'd love to." I smiled and he nodded.

"Okay, text me or call me if you want or need anything." He said, kissing my forehead before walking back into the kitchen, while I stood trying to get my self control back.

His kisses and his hugs made it easier to fall in love with him and his caring, kind, beautiful personality.

I couldn't say for sure, but I was sure what I felt for him was love. I was falling for him and I couldn't seem to stop myself, even though I tried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So this chapter is shorter, but in the story, Jade finds it slightly difficult being in a new relationship with her insecurities and I want to get that message across before they go on their first date. She's struggling, but he's changing her mind in a good way, so that was what this chapter was about :)

What did you all think? <3

Thank you so much for all of your votes and comments, it means a lot to me that so many people are supporting my works <3

Lauren<3