Chapter 33 ~ Cause for Concern

Important Authors Note at the end about my new update schedule <3

>>>>

Jade's P.O.V.

A knock on my door startled me as I got up to answer it. I reluctantly pulled the door open to see two burley men stood behind the door.

"Jade?" One asked and I nodded, warily.

"That's me, who are you?" I asked and they smiled, showing two cards which showed they were from the management offices.

"Were here on a concern that one of our colleagues has. Mind if we come in?" The other spoke up and I stepped aside, letting them in.

"What's the problem?" I asked and they looked at each other, sighs escaping their lips, almost as if they'd had to do this before.

"Mr Smith, the man working on your case has been sacked, upon one of our colleagues overheating him on the phone to Harry. He wasn't going to tell us about yours and Harry's relationship becoming real." The slightly taller one, explained.

"Your contract states that it's completely fake and now that you've taken it upon yourselves to make it real, we can no longer keep you with Harry. The breakup rumour is permanent." The other continued and my eyes widened in shock.

Could they really do this to us? I thought.

"What exactly are you saying?" I enquired and the taller one sighed.

"You need to sign the contract again, only this time it's for you to leave. We need you to cut all contact with Harry from now onwards and we need you to move out of here within a week." The shorter one told me, nonchalantly.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Completely ma'am. This isn't up for discussion, it's simply the news we have been asked to deliver to you." The taller one stated, sternly.

"Fail to comply and there will be consequences." The other spoke.

"What kind of consequences?" I questioned, timidly.

"Were hoping you won't want to find out. You have one week to leave this place and then we expect you to come to our offices to end the deal once you've done so. We'll be checking in on you to make sure you've done as we've said." The taller man spoke, heading to the door as other man followed him.

"Have a good day." The shorter man smiled before they both left.

Shocked and intimidated, I called harry straight away, not wasting another moment. I had no idea what I should do, but hopefully he'd be able to help.

"Hey, kitten. What's wrong?" Harry answered, tiredly.

"Harry, I don't know what to do." I spoke into the phone frantically.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" He asked, this time sounding more alert.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up, but I've just had a visit from two men from the management offices saying I need to leave your home in a week. It's over, Harry. They overheard Mr Smith on the phone to you and they sacked him." I explained, shakily.

"Shh, Jade please calm down." He soothed.

"They said there will be consequences if I don't comply and that I didn't want to find out what they were. What do I do? They want me to sign the contract to say we now 'can't be together' this is madness!" I cried, tugging my hair in frustration.

"Calm down, this isn't over at all. Were not just going to roll over and take this." He told me, seriously.

"They want me out by the end of the week, I can't stay here and I'm not comfortable with having a secret relationship for the rest of my life. How do we sort this out?" I asked, desperate for another option.