Chapter 16 ~ Insecurities

Jade's P.O.V:

My nerves grew the more I waited for Harry to come back from rehearsals as my knee bounced in anticipation.

The door clicked open and the boys came in, talking amongst themselves about how they loved rehearsals and how they couldn't wait to get back to performing on stage.

Harry came in behind them silently, not speaking a word as he came over to me.

"Can we talk?" He asked, clearing his throat and I nodded, getting up and following him through the bus and into the games room.

He shut the door behind me, taking a deep breath as he avoided my gaze.

"This is awkward, but we need to talk about what happened earlier." He spoke up and I looked up to meet his gaze for the first time since he had come back.

His eyes held fear, confusion and care and they were illuminated green, just like usual, although they were more watery making them glisten.

"We do and there's a lot of things that need explaining, I guess." I replied.

"Do you want to go first?" I added, placing his hands into his jeans pockets, something I hadn't noticed him do much.

"How about we take it in turns?" He suggested.

"Okay." I said, my hands lacing with each other as I found a distraction from my nerves by playing with my fingers.

"Okay, I wanted to first apologise. I realise that what I said was sudden and that you weren't expecting any of it. I wanted to tell you that I liked you, but I didn't know how and that's how it ended up going." He explained.

"I realise, but it's not that simple Harry, we are supposed to be in a fake relationship and if this became real it would mess everything up." I sighed, unclasping my hands from each other as I ran a hand through my hair.

Harry took his hands from his pockets, stepping closer to me as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Why would it mess everything up?" He asked.

"I don't know, it's hard to explain, but I feel like we'd loose a friendship if we broke up, things would be awkward and we'd still have to hide it from the boys, only it would be harder because were in a real relationship." I said, taking a step back and leaning against the ping pong table.

"Why would we have to hide it from the boys?" He questioned, taking a small step closer.

"Because it's just messed up!" I exclaimed.

"Were supposed to be in a fake relationship, which everyone thinks is real, only to change it into a real one- and it's just confusing." I sighed, pulling myself away from the table and taking a step away from him in the opposite direction.

"It's only confusing if you make it, your thinking about it too much, but we can make it work Jade." He continued, taking another step closer to me as I took one back.

"The boys, we'll have to tell them and explain to them that this was fake and now it's not." I said, realising how slightly crazy that sounded.

"We don't have to, it hasn't been fake for long and once we make it real, it won't be fake anymore." He reassured me.

"But that's like lying to the boys and not telling them how we originally started out, they think were happy together." I said, with a groan.

"I know, but we can be happy together and we can prove to people that we are." He said, taking a step closer to me.

"Stop, no. I can't." I mumbled, shaking my head and taking another step back.

"Do you like me?" He asked, not stepping any closer to me.