Chapter 34 ~ Manchester

Jade's P.O.V.

Heaving my suitcase onto the train, I got on, finding a seat next to the suitcase rack and sitting next to it.

The train was full of people, all cramming into their seats and some setting up their laptops and phones to charge.

Plugging my headphones in, I blocked out the noise of the busy passengers, concentrating on the occasional texts I kept receiving from Harry.

I have to board the plane now because we managed to get an earlier flight back, but you'll be okay, I made sure of that. Once your off of the train, there will be a taxi come to pick you up and the guys name is John. I love you, be safe xx

You text him back, thanking him and letting him know that you were already on the train, before concentrating on your music once again.

It was going to take around two hours to get to Manchester now, due to it being the last stop on the train.

We passed many different places as more people got on and some got off, but most of the passengers seemed to be heading to the same place as me; Manchester Victoria.

*
Two hours later and the announcement came for where we were arriving, which was finally at my destination, it's final stop.

I picked up my suitcase, clinging onto it as I followed the other passengers off of the train and out into the cold, Manchester air.

I had been here a few times before, but I'd always been with someone, not on my own and so the station was a little confusing.

I scanned the train station, following the crowd towards the taxi rank outside, with no taxis in sight.

I panicked slightly, before feeling a gentle tap on my shoulder as I turned around.

"Excuse me ma'am, are you Jade?" The man asked and I nodded.

He looked slightly older, maybe in his mid thirties or forties and he held a gentle smile, a badge hooked onto his shirt to show that he was certified for something.

"Y-yes I am, you must be John?" I asked, reading his name tag.

"It certainly is, come right this way." He smiled, walking towards the exit as I followed him around the corner, where a taxi was parked.

"I parked around here because here in Manchester, some of the people tend to jump in a taxi and once they do, you can't get them back out." He chuckled and I nodded, remembering my time here from years ago had been similar.

I got in the back of the taxi as John put my suitcase in the back of the car for me, before he got into the drivers seat and we set off.

"So, are you a friend of Harry's?" I asked, intrigued to know how they knew each other.

"I guess you could say that, but my job is actually to drive celebrities into safe places when they feel under threat. I am a taxi driver, but my company aren't well known because management teams don't like us. We mess up their plans because of what we believe in, which is why my company name isn't on my certified badge." He explained, turning right.

"So you drive celebrities to hiding places to stop their management teams from splitting them up?" I asked, finding his job strange, but interesting.

"I do for some cases, but others it can be driving them to a hidden place if they're under threat from someone or if they've been burgled or something. Some are more serious than others, but I'm doing this for Harry because I believe that if two people want to be together, management don't have the right to stop that." He explained further and my eyes widened.

"Thank you, that means a lot," I sighed and he smiled lightly.

"It's honestly no problem, I love to help." He said sincerely.

"Is there anything else you want to know? I know that you don't know me, but I'd be willing to tell you because I trust Harry, so I trust you." He said, contentedly.

"Well, if you don't mind me saying, your job does sound dangerous in some cases. Don't you ever get scared?" I questioned, finding myself intrigued to know.

"It does, but I think it's harder on my family. If anyone, such as a celebrities management, found out about me or my company, me and my family would be under threat and I can't take any risks. The risks I do take our well thought out and I try my best to cover myself. The route I'm taking to Harry's home, is very much discreet." He answered as we made our way there and I realised that we hadn't taken the main roads.

"That must be hard." I sympathised and he smiled.

"It's very hard sometimes, but it's what I do." He chuckled as we pulled up into a home.

The house was small and dainty and I smiled, glad that it wasn't a big house with loads of room, because otherwise it could get pretty lonely.

"Well here we are." John spoke, getting out of the car and taking my suitcase out from the boot of the car.

"Thank you." I smiled, taking my suitcase from him as I wheeled it to the door.

"Your welcome, I have the key for the house as well that Harry sent to me." He said, digging into his pocket and pulling out a key before handing it to me.

"Oh, thank you." I repeated.

"Your welcome, I'll be bringing Harry here in around an hours time because he should be landing soon, so my next stop is the airport." He said, checking his watch.

I thanked him again and he waved before driving off.

I headed inside, finding the place to be quite homely.

In the bedroom, a comfortable double bed was placed in the middle of the room, along with pictures by his bedside tables.

I recognised one of the people in the photos to be his sister, before seeing the boys in others, as well as Harry.

A plasma TV was seated on top of his drawers and unopened scented candles sat beside it.

I sighed, feeling the homely vibe and wondering how long we could keep this up for.

I couldn't help but be sensible and think about what could happen. We had to be a secret, but if management ever found out, they would break us up.

We couldn't keep running away and hiding from them because at some point, there will be nowhere left to run.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi everyone <3

For anyone who isn't from England, I'm sorry for any confusion with any slang/places you may not have heard of that are in this book, however it is set in England because that's where I am from, so I would find it hard to write about Jade being from elsewhere, because things work differently in other places and I didn't want to get anything wrong. <3

If there is anything you don't understand, just let me know in the comments and I'll tell you what things mean, but I have tried to keep things simpler, because I have read books before where I didn't understand anything and I don't want it to be like that for you guys <3

Also, I'm so sorry for the day late update, but I will be trying to update my Niall imagines as well today, so that I don't get any further behind on my schedule.

College started yesterday, but I didn't have to go in today, which is why I've found the time to write, but I start back properly next week, so please bear that in mind if I am late with my updates again, although I'll try not to be <3

This chapter isn't edited, so I'm so sorry for any mistakes <3

Lots of Love,

Lauren xx