Chapter Six: The Announcement

Harry's P.O.V:

I got up, heading into the living room where I saw Jade sitting on the couch on her phone, a puzzled look on her face.

"Good morning," I greeted, wanting her to feel as comfortable as possible.

She looked up from her phone, a frown on her face as she sent me a small smile.

"Morning,"

"Have you had breakfast?" I asked, walking into the kitchen to prepare myself some.

"No not yet, I didn't just want to help myself." She said, warily.

"Why not? I know this is my flat but it's your home for the next year, you don't have to wait for me to get up." I told her and she nodded.

"Yeah I know, but it just doesn't feel right you know? I feel like I'm helping myself to your food and it sounds stupid but I do." She explained.

I looked at her from my place in front of the counter to see her confused, a frown etched onto her face and I could tell she didn't feel like this was her home.

"I know this will be difficult and will take a lot of getting used to, but you can help yourself to anything, what's mine is yours and I don't mind sharing." I reassured her and she nodded.

"O-okay." She said, shifting uncomfortably.

"Do you want me to make you some pancakes while I'm in here? I feel like having some myself." I smiled, trying to make her feel a bit more welcome.

"That'd be lovely, thank you." She smiled and I nodded.

"Your welcome." I said, noticing how deep in thought she looked as she was on her phone.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

She looked up at me, a mixture of emotions in her eyes but I saw desperation cross her features.

"You can tell me, especially if it's anything to do with this." I told her.

"I've been on twitter and people are already sending hateful comments and we've not confirmed anything yet." She sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"Honestly, the best thing to do is not to read them because I can try my hardest to stop it, but there will always be someone who sends something horrible, we still get hateful comments." I told her.

"You do?"

"Of course we do, were in the public eye and not everyone likes us, but it's our job and we don't like it, but we have to try and get used to it and learn to ignore it." I answered, beginning to make the pancakes once I had gotten the ingredients I would need out and onto the counter.

"Don't you ever wonder what people are saying though when you don't look?" She questioned.

"Of course I do, my job keeps me busy and gives me something else to focus on which makes things easier and once we go on tour the crew and the boys will be there to keep you company so I can guarantee it will get easier for you." I explained as she listened intently.

"Okay, thank you Harry." She said quietly and I smiled.

"Your welcome, you can come to me if you need to talk." I reassured her.

Once the pancakes were made and ready, I placed them onto plates and put the toppings into bowls onto the table for us to choose from.

"The pancakes are ready." I called and handed Jade her plate once she entered the kitchen.

"I didn't know what topping you wanted but I have strawberries, blueberries, sugar and syrup." I smiled, trying my best to make this year of living together work.