Chapter 39 ~ Seeing Is Believing

Jade's P.O.V.

What am I doing? I thought as I sat at the kitchen counter, ready to write the note that management wanted.

My hand shook every time I tried to put pen to paper and I had to stop, taking a deep breath.

It was now five in the morning and I still hadn't managed to write the letter in the ten minutes I had been sitting here.

I couldn't show Harry just how scared I was of management and their ways; if he saw me shaking, he'd never stop worrying.

"Jade?" Harry called as I heard his feet padding towards the kitchen.

I quickly put the notepad and pen to the side as he entered the kitchen.

"What are you doing? It's so early." He said, sleepily as he rubbed at his eyes with his hands.

"N-nothing much, I just couldn't sleep." I replied, trying to calm my racing heart beat.

Honestly, I wasn't sure how they had managed to have such an effect on me. Writing a note was all I needed to do and somehow, I couldn't.

What if they found out that I was still living here?

I knew I couldn't keep this up for much longer, but I couldn't leave Harry either. Not just because I didn't want to, but also because I'd seen how fragile he can be and I would never want to inflict any pain on him.

"You could've told me, I would've sang to you again." He said gently as he stepped over to me, taking my hand in his and lightly tugging.

"I didn't want to wake you up." I whispered.

"It's alright, let's just get you back to bed sweetheart." He mumbled, patting the sides of my waist as I stood up.

He followed me back to bed as I tried to control my breathing to regular and not sky high.

"Are you okay? You seem a little tense, like something's bothering you." Harry commented, sitting down on the bed as I climbed in the other side.

"I'm fine, I just couldn't sleep." I shrugged, hoping he would drop the topic.

"What's on your mind?" He asked as he looked at me with his intense stare, in suspicion.

"Sleep." I responded, hoping that he would take the hint that I was in fact tired and wasn't willing to have this conversation.

"Alright." He sighed, wrapping his arms around me and placing a soothing kiss on my forehead.

"Tell me when we get up, though." He pressed and I closed my eyes, relaxing against his chest and hoping that he wouldn't mention it again.

*
"Jade, J, Jade, Jadey." The string of different nicknames rang through my ears as I opened my eyes to find Harry hovering over me.

"What is it?" I mumbled, blinking the sleep from my eyes.

"Are you going to tell me what's on your mind now? It's nine in the morning." He said, giving me the I'm-not-joking-nor-will-I-drop-the-subject face.

"The only thing that's on my mind is the fact that your laying on top of me and I can hardly move." I retorted, cleverly.

"Your a stubborn one." He sighed, letting out a small laugh before shaking his head.

"But I will get it out of you at some point today, so be prepared." He added, giving me a quick kiss on the lips before getting up.

I quickly followed, sitting at the kitchen counter once we had entered the kitchen.

"What do you want for breakfast, bee?" He asked, with a small chuckle.