Chapter 42 ~ Off My Mind

Jade's P.O.V.

Last week had been such a whirlwind, having the opportunity to meet Harry's mum and see his sister again was amazing, but now that I had turned my phone on, the worry had come back.

Management and PR offices were constantly trying to contact me and had stopped for a few days while Harry was on a small break from the tour, but now that it had started up again, so had they.

"Jade?" Harry called, stepping out of the bathroom.

"Yeah?" I answered, switching my phone back off again.

"I'm going to have to get going soon, are you going to be okay?" He asked, pulling on a pair of his black skinny jeans.

"Yeah." I replied, with a small smile, but the nerves I felt to stay hidden away were strong.

"Okay, well I might ask Gemma to come and see you tomorrow for a bit of company while I'm gone." He said, tugging on his t-shirt.

"You don't have to do that, I'll be fine." I reassured him, not wanting him to worry.

"Jade, I would be much more relieved of she did come, just so I know that you are alright. I have to make sure." He continued, pulling on a pair of socks.

The whole time, the only thing that was on my mind was the phone calls I had been getting and despite being told not to answer them and to switch my phone off by Harry, for fear of them tracing me, a part of me wanted to answer.

"Harry, can I ask you something?" I asked, wanting to get it off of my chest because if I didn't, I feared I would go crazy.

"Yeah, of course, what's wrong, love?" He smiled, coming over to sit on the bed next to me.

"Well, I switched my phone on and I'm still getting calls from them, do you think I should answer? I know you said not to, but they won't leave me alone." I explained.

"No, Jade, don't answer them, you can't." He stated, seriously.

"Why not?"

"They might be able to trace you, Jade, we can't risk it. I can't loose you."

"What if I changed my number afterwards?" I reasoned, but he shook his head.

"No, please, trust me on this. I'll go and get you a new phone and I'll have your number changed, then I'll get Gemma to drop it off here, alright?" He told me, taking a hold of my hand.

"You can't answer them, I don't want to know what they want, let's just focus on us, they'll only want to cause you more trouble." He said, softly, leaning in to kiss my forehead lightly.

"In the mean time keep your phone off, I'll go and get you a new one on my way to the stadium and I'll get Gemma to drop it off later, alright?" He continued, pulling me against his chest.

"Okay." I sighed, feeling the urge to argue grow weaker.

"I can't keep doing this though, Harry, we can't keep hiding away." I admitted, feeling his grip on me tighten.

"It'll all stop, baby, I promise. Please, just stay until I can make it happen." He pleaded as I nodded against his chest.