Chapter 22 ~ Defensive

Jade's P.O.V:

I bit my lip, wondering if I should say something as I watched Harry pace around the room, looking agitated.

I had just woken up to see Harry looking rather nervous as he paced around the room, running his hands through his hair, frustratedly as a groan left his lips.

"Are you okay?" I asked, sitting up in bed and he jumped, turning to face me quickly, a look of surprise on his face.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine." He stammered and I sighed.

"Your clearly not, you look upset, what's wrong?" I pressed, finding myself become slightly protective as I wanted to know what had upset him.

"It's nothing much, you don't need to worry. I'm sure it'll be fine." He said, as if he was trying to convince himself that whatever it was, would be okay.

"Okay, well hopefully whatever it is, will be." I said, giving him a small smile and he returned it before I headed into the bathroom to get ready for the day, deciding not to press him further on the matter.

Upon leaving the bathroom after I had finished getting ready, I noticed that Harry was now sitting on the bed, his foot tapping against the ground as his knee bounced in anticipation.

"Seriously, what is wrong?" I asked, a little more sternly as his head whipped around to see me.

"It's an argument I had with Niall, just a little one, that's all. Now let's go." He said, pulling on his brown boots as I pulled on my shoes before he took my hand in his as we left the room.

"Aren't we taking our things?" I asked, confused.

"No, were coming back later." He replied, locking the door and giving me a kiss to my forehead before leading me down the corridor.

"Why? Were allowed back on the bus tonight, aren't we?" I questioned and he sighed.

"We are, but I just think we need some space from the boys." He said, squeezing my hand gently.

Despite only knowing Harry for a few months, I had come to realise that when he said we needed space from everyone else, it usually meant he was worried about something to do with them.

"Why are you trying to keep us from the boys so suddenly? Has this got anything to do with your argument with Niall?" I continued, as we headed down the stairs and into the hotel lobby.

"It might have, but I'm not trying to avoid them exactly." He answered, biting his lip nervously as we approached the breakfast bar in the hotel.

Today, we were meeting with the boys and the crew for breakfast, before Harry left for rehearsals and I would stay at the hotel with Sophia, who I was yet to meet.

We sat at the table next to the others as their suitcases filled the space on the floor, leaving not much room for us.

"Where's your suitcase? Are you getting it after we've eaten?" Liam asked Harry as we sat down.

I could feel the tension radiating off of Harry as soon as we had approached the boys and it seemed to get stronger as we had got closer.

"No, were staying here tonight." Harry answered and Niall scoffed.

I looked at him, noticing his tense demeanour and I realised that this argument must have been bigger than what it's made out to be.

The other boys didn't seem to notice it as much, but I certainly noticed a change in mood. He was usually laughing and so full of happiness, but he seemed so different. Hurt almost.