overnight - ten

a/n - please vote!

y/n's pov
i look around olivia's room as she does her makeup. "are you almost done?" i ask, looking in the mirror at her. "almost," she tells me, "five minutes."

i hold olivia's hand as we walk into the restaurant, chuckling as i see conan, madison and iris waving us over. we walk over, and olivia slides into the booth beside madison. "hi, guys," i smile, and we start to talk to them. 

"yeah, a lot of couple are calling it quits since they're going to different colleges," i add. "like who?" iris asks, looking at me. "yeah, name drop," conan laughs. "uh... emily and jayden, phoebe and zac," i name, "lily and noah are fighting about it." "damn," olivia says, "that's a lot of people." "i didn't expect emily and jayden to be breaking up," madison says. "i did," i say, "they've been fighting like crazy lately. jayden goes to trent's parties without emily because emily doesn't wanna go, and jayden used to hook up with, like, all the girls at trent's, so emily's not too happy with that." "yeah, they gotta compromise," olivia shrugs.

"what dessert do you want?" i ask, looking at olivia as she looks at the menu. "whatever you want," she smiles at her. "well... you get what you want, and i'll have some," i say, "please, liv. we basically have the same taste in desserts." "okay," olivia gives in, looking at the menu again. 

we end up getting churros and a chocolate dip. "how is it?" i ask, looking at olivia takes a bite. "so good," she says after she swallows, "have some, babe." i pick another churro up, dipping it in and eating it.

2 months later , move-in day
"i'm glad we're roommates," i tell olivia as we start to walk to our dorm. "me too," olivia says, "i'm so excited! i get to fall asleep with you every night." "yeah! i'm also excited to meet our two other roommates," i say, "but... i wish i could go home, too." olivia looks at me as she notices the sad tone in my voice. 

i sigh, looking at olivia and giving her a small smile. "it's weird to think that i'm not gonna see connor half as much as i used to, you know?" i say, looking away. "at least we're going back every weekend," says olivia optimistically, "and probably more, since we're pretty close to our houses." "i know, but... i'm just a little sad i don't get to see him every day," i say, shaking my head, "i don't wanna think about it 'cause i'll start crying." 

i twist the key in, and chuckle as olivia walks in, too. "oh my gosh!" olivia squeals, looking around.

we look around the kitchen and living room. it was pretty spacious. we both look at the voice that spoke. "oh my god! i finally get to meet you guys!" the blonde exclaims with a bright, natural smile. 

"you're so pretty," olivia giggles as she hugs her. "oh, shut up! you are," the girl laughs, before pulling away. i stand beside olivia, and i laugh as the girl pulls me in for a hug. 

we pull away, and the girl keeps her smile, as do we. "i'm jade," she says. "i'm olivia," olivia says, looking at me, "and this is y/n."

we meet jade's best friend, cassie, who was just as sweet as jade. thank god we got good roommates.

1 week later
i look up from my laptop as i see jade walking towards me. "hey," she takes a seat beside me on the couch. "hey, jade," i say. "what're you up to?" she asks. "doing work," i say. "what's your major?" she asks me, looking at my laptop. "physics," i say, "you?" "how cool," she smiles, "psychology." "psychology's not real," i smile at her. "oh, you're one of those people," she laughs.

"so, what's the deal with you and olivia?" she asks me, "how long have you guys known each other?" "well, we went to high school together," i say, "but we never talked until the last year." "you guys seem close," she chuckles. "well we're dating, so i'd hope so," i chuckle. "no way!" she excitedly exclaims, "are you really?!" "yeah," i laugh, "it was our one year anniversary a few months back." "oh my god, that's huge! i'm so happy for you two," jade laughs. "i know," i smile, "she actually hated me at the start. but if you tell her that, she'll deny it. but trust me, she was pretty annoyed at me." "that's so cute," she smiles, "i figured there was something going on with you two when i saw there was one bed in your guys' room." "yeah," i chuckle, "how about you? are you dating anyone?" "no," she says, "i broke up with my girlfriend, like, six-ish months ago since she was moving to another state for college." "oh, that sucks," i say, "sorry to hear that." "no, it's alright," she says, "i'm sure it's for the better."