priorities - seven

a/n - last chapter! please vote!

y/n and olivia have been dating for a little more than two weeks, but olivia hasn't met y/n's parents yet. y/n's met olivia's parents, went out to dinner with them a few times. that always went really well.

y/n's parents knew who olivia was, though. y/n's talked about her a lot, and showed photos of olivia. they were really excited to meet her, as was olivia. so, olivia was going to have dinner with y/n's parents at her house later today.

"i'm so nervous, and excited," olivia says as they walk to taco bell at lunch, "do you think they'll like me? be honest, y/n." "yeah, of course. they like you already, from what i've said about you," y/n says, coming to the road they have to cross. "what if i mess up?" olivia overthinks, staring at the ground, "and they hate me? then what am i gonna do?" y/n holds olivia's hands, looking both ways and walking onto the road. "they won't, liv," y/n says, stepping up to the curb and walking to the sidewalk. "but what if they do?!" olivia panics. "trust me," y/n says, "i feel like you're good with parents. are you?" "i think i am," olivia says, "but what if i'm not good with yours?!"

y/n and olivia walk into y/n's car to go to y/n's house. "is my outfit bad?" olivia says as y/n opens the passenger door. "no, liv," y/n laughs, "you look cute." olivia chuckles, pressing her lips on y/n's.

olivia holds y/n's hand, other hand holding a bottle of wine as a present for y/n's parents. y/n opens the door, and they hear chatter coming from y/n's parents in the kitchen. olivia and y/n look at each other as they walk to the kitchen, and y/n quickly kisses olivia's cheek, making her laugh.

y/n smiles as she watches olivia's mom teach olivia how to make paella, olivia watching and listening intently. "it smells so good, mrs garcia," olivia giggles.

olivia and y/n go to set the table, placing the placemats down. "it's going really well," y/n tells olivia. "i agree," olivia breathes out, placing a mat on the table. "still nervous?" y/n asks. "a little, but a lot less than i was," olivia smiles.

the girls sit beside each other, y/n's parents on the other side. "thank you for inviting me to dinner," olivia says, "i'm glad i finally get to meet you two." y/n's parents exchange gratitude as y/n eats.

honestly, they were talking a lot more than eating, it was going really well. "what do you wanna do when you've graduated, olivia?" y/n's dad asks. "well, i'd like to go into the music industry," olivia answers, "but i feel like it's a little ambitious." "i think you can," y/n's mom smiles. "thank you," olivia smiles. "you should hear olivia sing, mom," y/n says, "she's actually amazing." olivia chuckles at the compliment. "oh, you're gonna have to show us, olivia," alicia smiles. 

y/n lays in her bed, and olivia sits up, facing y/n. "you look happy," y/n smiles at olivia's smile. "because i am," olivia whispers, giggling, "tonight went really great, don't you think?" "yeah, it did," y/n chuckles, "i told you that it would go well!" "i know, i know," olivia says, smiling as she lays beside y/n.

"it went really good," olivia tells her friends about the dinner with y/n's family as they eat in the cafeteria. olivia looks at the cafeteria entrance, seeing y/n walk in. olivia smiles faintly, then smiling wider as y/n looks at her.

y/n smiles too, giving a small wave to olivia. olivia smiles, raising her hand and waving to y/n. "wait, i'll be two seconds, guys," olivia tells her friends as she stands up, walking over to y/n. 

"hey," y/n says, pulling olivia in for a hug. "hi, y/n," olivia smiles, closing her eyes and hugging y/n tight. "how's school been?" y/n asks, pulling away. "it's been okay," olivia smiles, "we have physics next. my day's gonna get better."

y/n and olivia walk into olivia's room, and olivia closes the door. olivia smiles with her lips, closing her eyes as y/n cups olivia's cheeks, kissing her.