detective - six

a/n - please vote!

we were almost finished dinner. olivia met my dad, and it went really well. olivia and i make our way up to my room again. "hey, did you wanna stay over?" i ask her, opening the door to my room. "like, sleep over?" she asks. "yeah." she closes the door after she walks in, "well, yeah, but i didn't bring anything." "you can borrow my stuff. i have whatever you need here." 

i smile as olivia walks out in my sweats and oversized t-shirt. she yawns, falling onto my bed. "i could sleep right now," olivia says, pulling the blanket up to her shoulders. "you sleep so much," i chuckle. "no, i don't!" olivia laughs, "it's just today." "yeah, sure," i sigh. "you know that," olivia says, "i normally stay up until, like, twelve when we call." "yeah, then you fall asleep," i say, "that's true." "just... catching up on my sleep," olivia smiles.

olivia and i stay quiet sitting beside each other on the bed. our backs were against the headboard, legs out as we watch 'the devil wears prada'. "i'd smash her," i say. olivia looks at me, laughing. "what? would you not?" i ask. "i would," olivia says. "do you even fancy girls?" i ask. "yeah, guy and girls," she nods, "does it look like i not?" "well, i can kinda see it," i say. olivia hums in response.

we stay quiet for another ten minutes, before i place my head on olivia's shoulder. "is that uncomfortable?" she asks. "no," i say, "are you uncomfortable?" "no," she chuckles, leaning her cheek on my head.

the movie ends, and i pause it with the remote. olivia yawns, and i lift my head off her. i look at her, and she gives me a tired smile. "you're tired, too?" i ask. "yeah," she whispers. i lay down, olivia doing the same. we face each other, giving small smiles. 

"how're you feeling?" olivia whispers. "feeling... alright," i answer, "how are you?" "i'm good," olivia smiles. "that's good," i smile, looking at her lips before looking back up. "i haven't had a sleepover in forever." olivia chuckles, "really?" "yeah," i say, "have you?" "yeah. last week with conan and iris and madison." "how fun. where was my invite?" i ask. olivia moves closer, both of us on the ends of our pillows. my heart beats a little faster.

she keeps a smile on her face, "next time." her hand goes to the edge of the pillow, leaving it there. i look at her hand, placing my hand on top of it. my fingers brush over her rings, "you have a lot of rings." she had one on every finger except her thumb.

olivia's pov
oh my god. this got really intimate.

"yeah," i breathe out, "they're really sentimental to me." "they're cool," she compliments, looking at me, and keeping her hand on top of mine, "do you sleep with them on?" "sometimes, actually," i chuckle. "weirdo," she smiles. 

i don't even know how to respond. i've never felt my heart race so fast by the closeness of someone with their hand touching mine. god, i had a crush on y/n garcia while she and her girlfriend broke up not even a month ago. what a shitty timing.

i pull my hand away, placing it under the blanket. y/n moves her hand under the blanket, too. nowhere near mine, though.

y/n's pov
god, i messed up.

olivia and i just keep our eyes on each other, not knowing what to say. "so... when's your next game?" olivia asks, breaking the silence. "in, like, a week," i say, "around, at least." "how fun," she smiles. "well, i also have my ex on the team, so we'll see how that goes," i say. "have you had training with her?" she asks. "no," i say, "coach has been away for a week, and the one time we had training, gracie wasn't here." "coincidentally?" olivia asks. "don't think so," i admit. "well, we'll see," olivia smiles, "i wanna watch." "the game?" i ask. "yeah," olivia says, "i haven't been to one of your games in forever." "offended," i sigh playfully. "sorry," olivia smiles.