detective - two

a/n - please vote!

2 days later
i place connor on the swing, buckling him up with the chain. "ready?" i ask, smiling at connor. "swing!" he exclaims. "swing," i repeat, softly pushing him as i stand in front, making sure not to get hit.

connor smiles as i push him. i knew that i was gonna be here for a while, but i didn't mind. connor puts his leg up, and i pretend to get hit by his foot as he swings to me. "argh," i bend over a little, making connor burst out laughing.

i hear my name get called out, and i furrow my eyebrows, looking behind me. i smile at olivia, iris and a little boy, maybe around seven, walking up to us. "what're you doing here?" i ask, chuckling as they stand beside me. "iris and i are here to take her brother to the park to play with his friends," olivia says, and i watch iris' brother run off. i chuckle, "what a coincidence. hey, iris." "hey, y/n," iris smiles at me. "is this connor?" olivia asks excitedly. "it is," i chuckle, looking at connor as i give him a small push, "can you say hi, connor?" connor looks at olivia, then iris, giving them a small wave.

iris goes to her brother, and olivia sits on the swing beside connor, starting to swing herself. "need me to push you too?" i joke. olivia laughs, "i'm a big girl now. thanks, though." "no problem," i smile. connor looks at olivia, and they look at each other. "hi, connor," olivia waves. "hi," connor whispers, giving her a small smile. olivia smiles, looking at me, "he's so cute!"

"so, how's you and gracie?" olivia asks. i chuckle, pushing connor, "we're great." "that's good," olivia says. "yeah," i nod, "how about you? dating anyone?" olivia smiles, shaking her head, "nope. haven't dated anyone." "why not?" i ask, looking at her. "i don't know," olivia sighs, "just... haven't met anyone worth my love." "detective olivia rodrigo has high standards?" i ask, making olivia laugh. "yeah. god, not sure if anyone wants a hopeless romantic singer-songwriter as their girlfriend," olivia says. "well, think of the love songs you could do," i imagine, "or... if they fuck up, the diss tracks." olivia laughs, swinging her legs, "exactly! i need them to, like, sign a waiver for our relationship." "that's smart," i say, smiling. "i'll do just that," olivia leans back, swinging, "i'm excited to get into a relationship now!"

i decide to take connor and i back home after another hour or so of quite literally just swinging connor and talking to olivia and iris. i unclip connor from the swing, carrying him off and placing him down. "alright, see you guys," i say, smiling at them. "see you," iris smiles. "bye, y/n," olivia smiles too.

olivia's pov
iris and i watch connor hold y/n's pinky as they walk to their car, y/n bending down a little to get on connor's level. "they're cute, huh?" iris asks. "gracie's a lucky girl," i admit. iris hums, and i watch connor jog forward a little, making me smile. he stands in front of y/n, and y/n slows down, picking him up swiftly. 

she holds him as she continues walking. i smile as connor looks at us. i wave to him, and laugh as connor waves shyly.

she opens the car door, placing connor in. she spends a few seconds buckling him in as iris sits in the swing that connor was in. "my fat ass doesn't fit in this," iris says, making me laugh.

y/n's pov
i knock on gracie's door, smiling as she opens it. "hi, y/n," gracie smiles, pulling me inside. "hi, gracie abrams," i smile, holding her hand as she quickly locks the door. "hi, weenie!" i exclaim, letting go of gracie's hand as gracie's dog walks to me. i crouch down, smothering weenie in pets. 

 i laugh as gracie pulls me upstairs, into her room. 

i lay on gracie's bed, listening to her play the piano. "do you have a music assignment?" i ask her. "yeah," gracie says, "it's due in, like, two days. guess who hasn't started?" "gracie!" i laugh, hearing her play a chord. "it's fine! i'll do it the day before it's due. that's when my best pieces form," gracie tells me, and she turns the piano off. "god, you're stupid," i smile, watching her walk over to me. "i know," gracie smiles, laying on top of me. i put my hands on her waist, "where are your parents?"