Chapter 1

-Jenn's POV-

I was home watching Orange is the New Black peacefully on my couch. I heard my phone buzz with a new text message. It was Jack. I didn't answer the text until this episode was over. About 15 minutes later, the episode finally ended and I read the text from Jack.

JackBaran: "Hey Jenn! Mind if you come to the airport?"

To: JackBaran

"Why, are you there? Should I be worried? Are you okay?!"

JackBaran- "Just come to the airport."

I thought he would be there, so I caked on some makeup, put on high waisted jean shorts with a black crop top, and a red and black flannel. I then ran to the car and started it up. I drove about 60mph and once I got on the highway, I started driving about 80mph. I got to the airport and immediately went to StarBucks. I didn't even bother to get anything even though I was super thirsty from rushing before I left the house. I just texted Jack and told him I'm at the airport.

To: JackBaran

"Hey, I'm here. I'm at Starbucks"

JackBaran: "I know :)"

I felt something tight around my waist and I turned around. It was Jack!!

Me: "Omg! Hi!!! I missed you so much!!!!!" I told Jack.

Jack: "Omg I missed you too!!!" He said back to me.

Me: "Why are you here? Not that it's a bad thing because it's not. Don't you have school?" Jack seemed kind of weird about it and started talking again.

Jack: "Uhh.. Listen. We'll talk about it at your house, ok?" I just agreed and we left.

***

The car ride was pretty silent until I began to talk again.

Me: "So, how is everything with school.. and grades and... your parents."

Jack: "Um.. that's what I wanted to talk about, but in the house would be better." He kinda mumbled while he was talking.

Me: "Ok, that's totally fine with me, and you can tell me anything." I finished the conversation.

Then we got home maybe 25 minutes after. I helped Jack carry his bags and I let him stay in my room while I stayed with Lauren. Once we finished putting his bags in my room, we both sat down on the edge of the bed and started talking, but Lauren was gone which made it just us and way more private. Jack started talking.

Jack: "Ok, so I just wanted to get out of that disgusting place of mine where I live. School is terrible. And I'm going to call in sick everyday while I'm here. I'm getting bullied and this group of guys are calling me gay. My grades have been going down and parents are getting into arguments. They're getting divorced. My life is horrible and I'd rather spend it with someone who really cares about me." He full on started to cry and I just gave him a huge hug.

Me: "Oh Jack I'm so sorry. It's gonna be ok here. Your an amazing person and you don't deserve this at all. I'll make sure you feel good here." He continued to cry and I just had my chin over his shoulder and I started to tear up, but never fully started crying.

Me: "Hey listen Jack, wanna go to the beach and calm yourself down? We can just chill there and talk." He wiped his tears and tried to make himself feel better.

Jack: "I'd love to."

The car ride was fine and he was making himself feel much better. He then turned and smiled at me with his great big white smile of his. I smiled back. Wait.. maybe I just like him.. no I can't be in love with my best friend.. that's just weird. If I do like him, he couldn't like me back... I thought.