Chapter 6- RunAway

-Jack's POV-

Jenn: "I thought you hated me.." Jenn continued.

Me: "Omg, are you kidding? It may have seemed like it but honestly, not a bit. So why were you..depressed?" I asked.

Jenn: "I....I...missed you, Jack." My eyes widened. I thought she'd hate me.

Me: "Wait, really? I thought you hated me.."

Jenn: "Seriously? Of course not. I broke up with Jc by the way. He ruined a lot of it. Even though I didn't think we were actually dating." Jenn looked down

Me: "Why?" I was confused. She started talking again.

Jenn: "I didn't want him in my life. He did too much harm." I was very surprised. It really seemed like she loved Jc.

Me: "Well Jenn, good for you I guess. Your a tough nut." She smiled and put her arms out. I was assuming it was for a hug. So I did that, and it worked.

Me: "Ok. Ricky, Kian, and Andrea are out there. They're gonna see you now. So I'm gonna go.." She nodded but once I turned around, she grabbed my arm.

Jenn: "Jack wait." I turned around and her hand was in mine. "I'll be better soon, and I'll be back in your arms some time. I promise." We both smiled at each other and I walked out.

-TIME SKIP TO A FEW DAYS LATER-

The last few days without seeing Jenn were hard. I just didn't wanna bother her. I stayed in her room until I got a phone call. It was from the hospital.

Hospital Lady(nice name I came up with): "Hi, Jenn McAllister is ready to go home. I asked her who should take her home, so she gave me your number."

Me: "Oh ok, thank you! I'll be there soon."

Hospital Lady: "Bye bye now!"

Wow, Jenn asked me to get her from the hospital. That's flattering. I got in my car and drove to the hospital. Once I got there, I parked the car outside and went through the hospital doors..that gross smell of medical equipment though. I went immediately to Jenn's room and greeted her with another hug. Just like she promised 'back in her arms.' We got home and ended up going to the 02l house. As usual, we both just barged in and yelled out.

Jenn and I: "GUESS WHO'S IN THE HOUSE!!"

-Jenn's POV-

After we both yelled as our usual, everyone greeted me with a great big hug. By "everyone" I mean the 3/5 of the Fab Five, the whole 02l group, and Andrea. We all chilled and Connor ordered some pizza. Just plain cheese so that nobody would argue.

-DING DONG-

The door bell rings.

Kian: "IT'S DA PIZZAAA!"

He was the one who paid for it and brought it to the kitchen counter. Of course, everyone ran to it and grabbed as many slices before anyone else can take it all. But me and Jack got there last with only one slice left. We just had to split it in half. Were laughing at this point.. also still very hungry. We all ate the pizza while watching Mean Girls, what else? I got a phone call. I went outside and told everyone I'd be back in a sec. It was my mom.

Me: "Hello?"

Mom: "Hi Jenn...."

Me: "What's wrong? Everything ok?"

Mom: "Well..... not to well. Your dad beat me up and left me on the floor. Luckily, my phone was on the ground next to me, so I called 911. I'm in the hospital. I just wanted to let you know."

Me: "Oh my...gosh mom! I wish I could come but the plane tickets are all sold out!!"

Mom: "I know, just wanted to let you know. Bye honey!"

Me: "Bye.. mom"

I ended up crying in tears on the edge of the sidewalk. Why is life so depressing? This may be dumb for me to do, but I carried around a bottle of pills, just in case. I took the bottle out of my pocket, dumped it out onto my hand, and then I heard someone yell out my name.

Jack: "JENN!" It was Jack. He quickly rushed over and knocked all the pills out of my hand.

Jack: "What are you doing? Don't you realize your not only hurting yourself even more, but me too? Why are you doing this?! Don't do this! Tell me everything!!"

He starts crying. That just made me cry even more. I stood him up and we went about 2 houses down to tell him. We both cried while hugging. Then he looked down at me.

Jack: "I'm so so sorry, but please don't ever do this again." I nodded.

It started raining, but I kissed him. My arms were wrapped around his neck, and his hands on my waist. Guess what we heard a couple seconds later.

Everyone: "Awww.."
What the hell, are they really? I just started crying again.

Rebecca: "Oh Jenn! I'm sor-"

But before she could even say it, me and Jack turned around and ran away. We were probably running for about 2 hours.

Me: "I can't believe they saw us.. We can't go back now."

Jack: "Don't worry Jenn, let's just go to your place even though we'd have to walk in the rain." Jack said smiling.

I left my back door open all the time, so it actually was a pretty good idea even though we had to walk a few miles.

Me: "Ok, let's go." I said as we started to walk. It was nice being able to have it just be us two.

Like the chapter? That's the part where I was talking about in my book description that something horrible would happen and they would never trust their friends again. I'm surprised that it came pretty early in the story. This will probably be my last chapter I write until Friday (I might be able to type and upload another chapter in the car) because I'll be visiting California. Ugh, where Jenn and Jack live... Wish I could meet them..:( Thanks for 50+ reads!!!

Self promo-

Instagram: @jennxpenns.army , @jackxpenn.army , @_.mynameisylvia._

Twitter: @jennmcallister4 , @chatkowski , @jennxsylvia

Other stories by me: "Interrupted//A JackXPenn Fanfiction" and "Broken, Beyond Repair//A JackXPenn Fanfiction"

Musical.ly: @mynameissylvia

Later cuties❤️!