Chapter 3

Bad Moon rising

"Hey Ali wake up," Jeremy said as he shook the girl

"Hey Ali wake up," Jeremy said as he shook the girl. "Noo. Five more minutes." Allison said as she turned to face him and cuddled into his chest. "They need you downstairs and Elena's making me go home," Jeremy explained as he rubbed her back.  "Ugh fine," Allison said as she got up Jeremy followed after her.

"Oh look the princess is awake glad you could make it. Little Gilbert scram." Damon said as they walked down. "Yeah, yeah I know," Jeremy said. "I'll text you later," Allison told him as she opened the door for him. "Okay," Jeremy said as he kissed her forehead.

"Now why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked as Allison came into the living room and sat next to him. "Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might." Damon told him. "Isobel's research, from when you guys were at Duke together," Elena said. "You said she had spent years researching this town," Stefan told him. "Isobel's research here, Mystic Falls was rooted in folklore and legend. At the time, I thought most of which was fiction." Alaric said.

"Like that amazing vampire story," Damon told him. "Aside from vampires...what else?" Allison asked. "Lycanthrope," Alaric said. "Wait. Like werewolves?" Elena asked. "See I told you," Allison said looking at Damon. "No way. Impossible. Way too Lon Chaney." Damon said still not believing. "Is it?" Stefan asked. "I've been on this plant a hundred and sixty-some odd years, I've never come across one. If werewolves exist where the hell are they?" Damon asked. "Well, why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked. "Because the vervain did t affect t the mayor on Founders Day but the Gilbert device did. And it affected Tyler." Allison said.

"And at the school carnival, his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought one of the carnival workers. So it suggested some sort of a supernatural entity." Stefan told him. "We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure out what it is," Elena said. "Well, all of her things are still at Duke. I mean her office is still there. She's technically still missing." Alaric informed them.

"So can we get access to it? Ric, we need to know what we're dealing with if this wild man thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good. It means Mason Lockwood is a real-life Lon Chaney and that little Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney junior. Which means Bella Lugosi meaning me is totally screwed." Damon said.

"So I don't get to choose the ring I have to wear the rest of my life?" Caroline asked. "Hey if you don't want it," Bonnie said. "No, she wants it," Stefan said. "Now here where I explain the rules. The witch who spells the ring has the power to de-spell it. So if you ever do anything to hurt anyone-" "I'm not going to hurt anyone." Bonnie said and Caroline interrupted. "You're a vampire that means the urge to kill is a part of who you are. The minute you let it take over I will stop you." Bonnie told Caroline.