Chapter Two

I love Suki Davis Foster. I love Suki Davis Foster. I love Suki Davis Foster.
"Shut up!" I shouted out, thinking I shouted mentally in my head realizations hit me in the face like a punch when I felt everyone's eyes on me, and my face felt like a hot sunny day in the desert of embarrassment. "Smitty? You alright dearie?" Mrs. McBride asked me with a worried look upon her face. I sighed and slightly nodded and replied. "Yes ma'am, I'm just having a bad day...sorry." I told her giving Mrs. McBride some ease as I rested my head on my arms. I heard the door of the classroom close shut; I felt everyone's eyes leave me.
Thank god.
I looked up to see Suki's face red as strawberries.
That is a pretty color on her face, wish I could... damn it, stop it, Austin. God you are a lovesick fool.
"Now Foster, why are you late again this week?" Mrs. McBride asked her, and Suki started to shift her feet from being nervous. " I was walking Cody barker to class...he had too much in his hands." She said looking down at her and I could slightly feel her eyes land on me, but I looked down at my desk from her glance.
Too much in his hands? More like too much on his lips.
Suki walked over to her seat next to mine when the teacher told her to take her seat. Mrs. McBride started to teach us about personal pronouns of nominative, objectives, and possessive.
It is awesome really, but it is like you already knows this cause why shouldn't you not know this cause why shouldn't you not know about it if you are in pre-Ap English 4?
"Austin, are you okay?" Suki leaned over to whisper to me. I glanced over to her and sighed holding back all my emotions. "I'm peachy; now let me listen to this lesson. Maybe you should pay attention too. Hmm?" I said with a dead experience on my face, I could see out of my left eye, she flinched at my tone.
Honestly do not get me wrong. I hate hurting her, but right now I do not care. She hurt me by not telling me, she was dating Cody, my teammate! Suki hurt me even more than any girl I ever dated in my life. Wait... is this what she felt when I did not notice her feelings for me?
I wrote in my English notebook while listening to McBride teach the class, writing everything she said, and I mean everything. I am that good at taking notes just by listening to the teacher talk and not look up every second. "Oh, dearie me! Look at the time! It's eleven-fifteen, time for you, kiddos to go to lunch or to your next class." McBride said, waving her hands goodbye to us, as we left her classroom. I quickly grabbed my bag, slinging it over my shoulder and headed out the door. I was about eleven feet away from the door when I was stopped dead in my tracks by no other person than Cody Barker. "Look Austin, I don't want any trouble with you and all cause y'know you're the captain of the football team and probably get me off the-" I cut him off getting annoyed, " Get to the point Barker." I said in a low tone. "Okay. Just stay away from my girl Austin. Like I do not know y'all history, but I have a bad feeling about you all up on Suki." He said, getting closer to me by taking a big step with a big smirk on his face.
Cody you are stupid as a squirrel.
I looked down at him raising my left eyebrow at him. "Cody, you can't beat my ass even if you try, Anyways I won't stay away from Suki because she's my best friend so watch it, Barker." I said in an extremely low and scary voice to see him flinch at my tone. I stepped around him as I glared, looking in his eyes then headed towards my truck. I stood taller than all the guys in football, plus bigger in muscle size. I heard the clocks and clacking of high heels coming up behind me.
Great, Jesus not this again.
I stopped in my tracks and turned on the back of my heels to see Anna walking up towards me. "Austin! Austin baby!" A high pitch voice calling my name. "Aren't you sitting with me and the girls at lunch?" Anna asked leaning up on me, putting her hands on my chest like she used to do. "No, Anna, we broke up remember? Or did that tiny blond head of yours not process that?" I looked at her a second or more before turning my back on her and started walking towards the double doors.
But that did not last long because she will not get it through her bloody head.
" But Austin I- " I cut her off more quickly than a hyperactive kid on sweets. "Look Anna, I told you twice don't make it be a fourth time I tell you this, we have broken up so get off my ass, damn we both know you just don't want me to be in love with someone else." I said calmly, but in my famous low tone of voice.
Which scares people slightly, maybe more?
I quickly bolted the doors. I got to my truck and threw my bag in the back then my phone started to ring, and I groaned turning back, digging into my bag to get my phone. I did not bother to check the caller ID because I already knew who it was. "Yes, Cooper you can come get lunch with me." I said to him in an annoying way; I looked up seeing Suki and Cody arguing with each other. "You always call me at this time right before I leave the parking lot and head to Whataburger." I paused listening to Cooper talk, but my attention was more on Barker and Suki. "Yeah, I'm still here. Yes, you can come with me and get lunch, but hurry your ass up mate." I said, getting out of my truck and hanging up my phone, putting back in my pocket. I notice Suki walking away from Cody.
I am going to beat Cody's ass.
"Hey Bluebird, want to come with me and Cooper to Whataburger?" I asked her and I blushed slightly. Bluebird has been her nickname ever since she dyed her blue when she was ten for her birthday. It is so beautiful. Suki looked up at me and smiled. "You always show up when I'm in need, don't you?" She hugged me quickly. "Just like Batman, The flash or even the Green Arrow." I said, grabbing her hand and walked towards my truck.
What am I feeling? Like my stomach just flipping over and a spark just shot up my arms.
I opened the other side of my truck so she could get in; Suki sat in the middle. Cooper ran over to my truck like a monster chasing his prey and jumped into my truck.
Man can that boy run!
I walked over to the driver's side and got in. "About time you got here David." I smiled closing my door and starting the truck up. "Ewe, don't call me by my first name, that's weird." Cooper whined at me, and I heard Suki's beautiful laugh as she laughed at Cooper. It sounded like a beautiful song in my ears. I laughed, shook my head and pulled out of the school parking lot, heading towards the Whataburger down from the school. "Whataburger here we come!" Cooper shouted on the top of his lungs with his head out of the window, while pumping his fist in the air.
I have crazy best friends. How did I meet these people? Does Cooper think he is in the breakfast club?
Burst of laughter came out of Suki's mouth, so I quickly glanced at her. "Why are you laughing Iggy?" Cooper asked, looking at her, stopping what he was doing. I do not know why Cooper calls Suki, Iggy, maybe it is because she looks like a pop star. Suki calms down from her outburst of laughter. "Because Cooper you said come and my dirty mind got the better of me." She said and looked at Cooper giving him her innocent smile. "You nasty!" Cooper shouted as I pulled up into that parking lot of Whataburger and parked my truck. They got out and ran towards the door.
Those two are like a bunch of hungry bears.
"Okay children calm yourselves and let us go into the restaurant at them and they gave me a big huff. My phone started to ring, and barker's name popped up; I ignored it. I followed Suki to a booth and sat down next to her. "What was the argument between you and Barker?" I blurted out and I saw her eyes go big. " you saw that?" She asked, looking at me and I nodded my head. "Well, he told me to stay away from you because you're bad for me, but I told him just shut up about it... then he said I asked for this." Suki paused and she looked like she was going to cry. "But I don't know what he meant by that." She frowned and her head dropped. " Hey bluebird, it's okay you're Batman is always here for you." I said lifting her head with my hand gently for her to look at me.
Her eyes are so beautiful I wish I could tell her how I feel, but I think it is not the right time either.
I heard her sweet, cute giggle and her beautiful smile appeared along her face as she looked at me. I smiled back at her, and my cheeks gave a little blush on them. " I got food!" Cooper said slightly loud as he quickly set down the tray as he sat down in front of us. I grabbed sukis and mine, I handed her food to her. I looked up and saw Cooper already shoving his cheeseburger down his throat. "Damn, Cooper I didn't know you could deep throat." I said with a devilish smirk as Cooper started to choke on his food and Suki spit her soda out of her mouth from holding in her laughter. "What the fuck Smitty! You know I'm fucking straight!" Cooper growls at me and I burst out laughing. My phone started to ring, and I groaned. Can't I have a good time with my friends? I answered the phone:

(Me)- "Hello?"
(Barker)- "Hello Smitty, it is Barker are you with Suki".
(Me)- "Oh, hi Barker what do you want? And yes, she is with me and Cooper we are having lunch. Why?"
(Barker)- "Brings her to the school."
(Me)- "Are you ordering me to take her back to school when we already are going after we are done eating, Barker."
(Barker)- "Yes, right now. If you do not, I will call her up and tell her about your big crush on my girlfriend?"
(Barker)- "Okay... Okay please do not tell her I will take her to school."
(Barker)- *laughed* "You are Pathetic; I do not know that was your weakened matter fact! I will tell the whole high school you like Suki and you only broke up with Anna because of her if you do not stay away from Suki."
(Me)- "You were the one that-"
(Barker)- "No Austin, I am the one is going to point fingers, now get my girlfriend to the high school now."
(Me)- "Okay... I will do that."

* Phone hangs up*
I put my phone back into my back pocket as I walked back to our table. I felt my heart get heavy as I got closer to our table, seeing Suki and Cooper laugh and joke.
Do I really want to do this?
Suki looked over at me with a big smile on her face, looking at her eyes light up. I gave her a fake smile. "Okay guys let's get our table clean and take what we didn't eat back with us." I told them and grabbed my trash; Suki grabbed her stuff and threw it away. " You okay dude?" Cooper patted my back, I glanced at him. "Yeah, I'm fine. Let us just get back to the school."
I am sorry Suki, but I cannot let you know that I have a crush on you. Maybe it is more than a crush because I feel like I love you and I do not know what love is. I am sorry so sorry Suki that I will have to leave you without saying anything and you will hate me, and I know you will... I will be okay living the rest of my life without you in it...