Chapter Eight

My mom walked in, out of breath, probably chasing after me. "Son, she's going to be okay, it's just blood, you get that when you're pregnant. I had it when I was pregnant with you." She told me to walk over to me and rubbed my back. I sigh and look up at my mom, tears still rolling down my face. "Momma, you don't understand... I had a dream that she passed away... ma, I'm scared." I told her as she whipped my tears away. "Honey, she's not going to die, she's just sleeping. The doctor's going to come in soon, so we can all go home together." She said and kissed my forehead. "I promise you; everything will be okay." Soon the doctor stepped into the room looking at his clipboard. "Well Suki is okay and so is the baby, in a couple months, you'll know the sex of the baby. It is normal to have light bleeding. She would have to stay overnight, so we know for sure everything is okie dokie." He said without looking up from his clipboard and walked out of the room.
Whaat? My baby girl must stay overnight. Then it is not okay! This is bad!
"Austin? Austin!" My mom yelled at me to bring me out of my thoughts. "Don't start a panic attack, okay? It is going to be alright. It is one night, and it is almost over. I'll take you home so you can sleep for school tomorrow, and I'll grab Suki some clothes for tomorrow for school if they let her." My mom said, I just nodded, too exhausted to argue with her. I kissed Suki goodnight and told her, I will see her tomorrow then mom took me home, grabbed some clothes and other stuff for Suki tomorrow. I took a quick shower to get the blood off me and put clean pajamas bottoms on then threw the dirty ones in cold water to soak, to get the blood out. I climbed up my bed, feeling empty without Suki by my side. I doubt I will get any sleep worrying about her all night.
Maybe I will take those sleeping pills, they might help.
I quickly went into the kitchen to get those pills. I went back to my bed, closing my eyes and falling into a dreamless sleep. "I love you, Suki." I said before I was knocked out cold. I fell out of my bed as my alarm clock screamed at me to wake up. "Shut the fuck up." I screamed back as I turned it off.
Damn, that always scares the hell out of me.
I walked into the kitchen all dressed for school and all freshened up too. I set my phone on the kitchen table as I cooked me some breakfast, sitting down with a plateful of eggs. Wonder if Suki is awake now, I hope she will come to school, she never missed a day of school. It would be weird without her at school with me. My phone buzzed as I got done with my eggs; I picked it up and it was a text from my mom:
(Mom)Suki's awake and feels better.
(Me)That's good, tell her that I love her.
(Mom)I will, the doctor said if there's light bleeding then it is completely normal, but if it is heavy bleeding then there is something wrong with the baby or the baby is coming. He is also said that she does not need to go to school.
(Me)no school... aw :(
(Mom)I am sorry honey, just one day you will be fine.
(Me) okay... take care of her for me ttyl.
I put my phone in my pocket, grabbed my bag and got into my truck, drove off towards the school.
Man, this is going to be a boring day without my baby girl.
I got to the school after getting out of my truck. I looked down at my phone, I got a text from Suki, I read and smiled:
(Suki)Can you go to all my classes and get the homework for me? I will text you, my classes. I love you.
(Me)Okay baby I will, just got to school. I love you more and I miss you.
(Suki)I miss you more. These are my classes I have below:
1st period Photography 258
2nd period English 4 room 216
3rd period French room 502
4th period Psychology room 311
5th period Geometry room 602
6th period theatre Arts 3 room 658
(Me)Okay baby Thank you I will get your homework, get some rest.
(Suki)Okay, love. Have a good day.
I put my phone up and went straight for Suki's first classroom. She is a great photographer; she is incredibly talented. Knocking on the door the teacher looked confused. "Yes? How can I help you?" She asked, staring at me, trying to remember if she had seen me before unless it has been to the games. "Yes, Suki Foster told me to come to her classes to see if there's any homework because she's sick." I told her and she nodded. "Oh, yes. Um hold on." She says and walks over to her desk then hands me a piece of paper. "Thank you, Mrs. Cantu." I said and headed to her second period class. Least we have English class together, but I will go to her fourth period before school starts because I still have time. I quickly ran upstairs to the psychology class; I knocked on the door. "Mrs. Green?" I called.
Yes, I used to take this class during my freshman and sophomore year.
"Austin!" The door opened with a big smile upon my old teacher's face. "Oh, how I missed you in my class, I'm going to miss you when you graduate too, cause you're my baby." She says giving me a hug, making me blush. "I'm going to miss you too Mrs. Green, I'm here to pick up any homework for Suki, she's sick." I tell her and she nodded waving me into her room. "I got it right here, Is she okay? She's also my baby." She says walking over to me with some papers. "Yeah, just normal cold, you know?" I will tell Mrs. Green.
I do not think she should know what is really going on with Suki unless she tells Mrs. Green herself.
"Well thank you Mrs. Green I'll stop by again soon." I promised her walking out of her class, she shouted her goodbye. "Damn, did y'all hear that Cody got kicked out of football because he was caught fucking the school's main hoe... I mean cheerleader?" I overheard one of my teammates say, I walked out in my shorts laughing. "Josh, we all know you mean hoe, but I like the better term slut." I said, smirking patting his back. " You know It cap!" He shouts. I have one more class left until I can go home. I got to get her homework for two more classes. I forgot that she and I only have two classes together. Yes, our school has an exceptionally long football class that takes up the fourth and fifth period.
Very weird school.
I head to Theatre Arts. Sadly, we do not have the same teachers and I am in theater 4. Did not really do much in that class, He just told us to try out for Okay next week. I am the only football player in the theatre class that I know of. Mr. Grave let me go earlier because I am a senior and most of the seniors are already gone by now. I texted Suki if she wanted any food before I headed home. I did not get an answer, so I am going to surprise her because I am an awesome boyfriend. I also got to figure out how I am going to ask Suki to marry me. I want her to remember the day I proposed to her and to our kids.
Maybe I will ask Jimmy if he knows what to do.
I drove into the driveway and parked my truck, got out and headed for the door. When it swung open to Suki with a sad look on her face, I quickly started to worry and walked over. " I missed you so much." She was wine and kissed me.
"Subway?"
"Yes."
"Italian bread and spicy Italian?"
"Yes."
"Black Olives? Mayo? Lettuce?"
"Yes, yes, and yes."
I said and she hugged me. "You know me so well." I chuckled. "Well, you are my best friend and my girlfriend." She shakes her head and smiles. Suki stood on her tippy toes and kissed me. "I love you baby." She speaks. " I love you too baby girl." I said and kissed her carrying her into the house.