Chapter Five

I set Suki's bag down beside my bed and looked around.
This weekend my room needs a makeover.
I started to think about my room and Suki, and then I remembered my mom's room and how much bigger it is than my room. "Hey, baby, where should I put my stuff at?" Suki asked me, breaking my train of thought. "Anywhere love doesn't matter we'll deal with unpacking later," I told her with a smile as I turn around to look at her. She nodded and set her bags next to the other ones. "Who wants pizza!" My mom yelled from downstairs. "We do!" We both shouted at the same time. "Okay, I'll call up pizza bros!" She yelled back. I quickly pulled out my phone to text mom:
(Me) Hey Mom I was wondering if you and I could see which rooms because yours is bigger.
(Mom) Austin... that is too much work, besides my room is the same as yours. Why do you want to change rooms?
(Me)So Suki can have more space and she can make it her room too.
(Mom)Why don't you use that really big room downstairs? It will be easier on her than going up and down those stairs when she is 25 weeks pregnant.
(Me) Big room? Downstairs? Do we have another room?
(Mom) Oh right... you were too little to remember. That room used to be your father's man cave to get away from me and you.
(Me) Oh...So can I... can I use it?
(Mom) Yeah... it is down that hallway by the kitchen. The door at the end of the hallway.
(Me) Thanks, momma.
(Mom) Welcome Sweetie
I locked my phone and put it back in my packet. I looked up and Suki was sound asleep, slowly put the blanket on her. I quietly walked out of the room closing the door softly behind me.
Now it is a good time to look at the room, while Suki is asleep in my bed.
I walked down the stairs, walked over to the kitchen and there was the hallway my room was talking about and the door leading to the door. My so-called father's men cave trying to get away from my mom and me, but if I was little and what my mom says I cannot remember it, I bet he just made this man cave to get away from me mostly. I get to the door and stare at it for a good 30 minutes.
Hey stupid! You looked at the door like a crazy person, yeah, I yelled at myself. Who does not yell at themselves?
My hand goes to the doorknob to open and I stop when I hear footsteps coming down the hallway towards me. "Are you going to enter the bedroom and just stare at it?" My mom's voice startled me; I looked at her and frowned. "Probably," I paused and sighed. "I can't open it." I said in a quiet voice. My mom's hand felt warm and soft when she took hold of my hands and looked up at me. " I know honey, it's okay that you don't want to go into the room. I haven't been in that room since your daddy left." She trails off lost in thought. I could see the pain in her eyes, I frowned. It kills me to know my mom is not over my father leaving... I have no room to say, but least I am moving on with my life and my mom needs to do that. "Momma, you need to move on from that, get rid of the pain. He caused you and started living your life." I told her and squeezed her hand a little. "You're right Austin, I need to get over this and stop moping around." She said and I saw the happiness come back into her eyes. " why are y'all yelling so much?" Said a very sleepy and half-awake Suki.
Damn being pregnant makes your hearing better.
I chuckled at her. "Sorry love, momma and I were talking about this room to see if we could make it our room." I said letting go of my mom's hands and walking over to Suki. "Why? Isn't your room upstairs, okay?" She asked with a frustrated look on her face. "Not when there's a baby on the way." I said looking down at her with a big smile. "Plus, it will be easier on you, so you won't be going up and down those stairs when you get a little bit bigger." My mom added. Suki looked at us and shook her head. " when are we having dinner?" She asked with a sheepish smile. "Now." My mom said walking past us. "I'm going to go pick it up now, so you two behave." She said walking to the front door. "I'll be back in 45 minutes." She shouted as my mom closed the door. "So, what's with this room?" Suki turned to look at me and glanced at the door behind me. "It's my dad's man cave and my mom thought it would be easier on you and bigger for the both of us if we moved all of our stuff down here." I told her and smiled slightly. She nodded and puffed up her lips. "Why don't we open it and see what's inside?" She asked me, looking into my eyes. I looked down and away from her glance, so she would not see my pain. " I can't... open it, my brain won't let me, and I don't know why." I said and my voice cracked like I was going to cry. I felt her hands grab my face and made me look at her; I knew she saw the pain and sadness in my eyes by the look on her face. "Baby, that's why I am here, to help you out when you are in pain and take the burning off your shoulders." She said and kissed my lips.
Man, I am so happy this woman is all mine. The best thing that ever happened in my life.
I smiled at her and pulled her close to me to deepen the kiss. Suki pulled away from the kiss and slipped out of my arms, the warmth from her body left with her and I felt so cold. I looked over my shoulder, to see her at the door. She turns to look at me with her hands on the doorknob; my heart starts to beat fast. "Are you ready for me to open the door?" She nodded me in a calming voice, I nodded slightly, and I watched her open the door that I dare not to open.
Don't know why I'm so scared, it's just my father's man cave. I know he has long gone by now, maybe even died and if he is still alive, I bet he forgot about me and mom.
The door clicked open, and I quickly tightened up like a deer caught in the headlight. Suki's eyes were on me, and her face was masked with worry. "Austin?" She called my name then asked, "Are you okay?" I felt her hand grab mine and I calmed down and relaxed. "I didn't suspect it would be filled with his stuff." Suki said and stood beside me. "Neither did I, and I think I know what we can do; we'll have to talk to mom about it." I said and leaned down, kissed her forehead. The front door swung open. " I got pizza! Hot and ready pizza. Cheese, pepperoni, meat lovers! Come and get it!" My mom yelled.
What are we having a party for?
I laughed and shook my head like Suki, and I walked up to the kitchen. "What are we having a party mom?" I asked, chuckling, helping her with the pizza. "Well, yeah we have four people here with us Austin." My mom told me, and I looked at her like she is crazy. "Mom, have you gone crazy?" I asked and she sighed, giving me her momma look. "Boy, there's you, me, Suki, and the baby." My mom said taking out the plates for the three of us. "Okay, mom." I laughed and shook my head, glancing at Suki with a smile. I love my family. I have a beautiful girlfriend who will soon be my wife. I have the greatest mom ever and a baby on the way who is not my kid, but that would not change my love for her or him so yeah, I love my family.