Chapter Eleven

I picked up Suki after she got out of school, and I gave her the McDonald's bag. "Doctors, right?" I asked, glancing at her quickly, still looking at the road. "Yes, to the doctors to see what's going on." She said and turned on the radio, Suki started to change the station until it landed on a country song. Let me tell you something I may wear cowboy boots and drive a truck, but I am no country boy. Though I know every country song because of Suki, but man can that girl sing, she sings like an angel. "I love this song!" She said with a big smile on her face. "Sam hunt makes you miss me." She quickly added before singing. I smiled to myself listening to her sweet voice sing. "You hear a new song; it is your favorite. Pretty soon you'll be changing the station." Suki sang lost in the song and I was lost in her voice. Finally, I got to the doctor's office, and I parked in the handicap and put the ticket that shows I can park there. "Baby, we're here, Let's see what this doctor is going to say." I said, getting out of my truck, quickly going to her side to open her door. "Aw, Austin, you don't have to do that, I can open my door." She says getting out. "I know, but I want to do it." I told her and leaned into a kiss that I left upon her lips. "I don't know what I did to deserve you." Suki says as I grab her hand. "No, Sweetheart it's me who should be saying that." I said, opening the door to the building for her. "Why is that?" She asked me to glance up at me. "Well, it's taken me my senior year to realize that I love you and you could've said no when I asked you out." I said and squeezed her hand before she could say anything else. The person at the front desk asked if we had an appointment and she said yes. They tried to make me wait, but I did not let that happen again.
No joke, I was about to say I am her husband, but that would give my idea away.
We sat in a little room waiting for the doctor, the nurse came in and told her to put a hospital gown on. I turned around so Suki could change. It took like an hour for the doctor to get into the room, which felt like two hours. "Ms. Davis, Long time no, see?" Why are you here today?" The doctor asked, sitting down in his wheelie chair. I gave the doctor a weird look and hoped he would not notice.
Shouldn't Mr. Doctor guy know why we are here?
"Well, the baby kicked today and I'm only four months in so we're a little worried." She glanced over at me, and I gave her a warming smile. "Lay back and we will do a screening, but I heard this before and it usually means the baby is growing pretty fast and it is sometimes rare, but it's totally okay nothing wrong with it." He says and starts to put this clear stuff on Suki's belly. "Yep, that's what I thought your baby is growing fast. You'll be due maybe in three or four months." The Doctor tells us. " What about the sex of the baby?" I asked the doctor, I noticed his name was Hubbard.
Want to know something funny? If you take away the bard from his name then add porn in the front of his name, he would be called Pornhub. Yes, I am very immature.
"Well, the sex if the baby can be known now, but I most parents don't want to know until the birth of the baby." He said and I already knew what Suki wanted without her telling me. "We want to know the sex of our baby." I said standing up and walking over to Suki to hold her hand. "Okay, the sex of the baby is a boy." The Doctor said and turned off the system. "Y'alls next appointment will be the first Saturday of next month." He told us and left. "What should we name him? I only have really good baby names for girls." Suki said, smiling at me. "Is that just a smooth way to say I can pick the baby's name?" I asked, chuckling at her, she nodded. "Okay I have a really good one I always loved Marcus." I said and squeezed her hand. " I love it, I do have a middle name and we can use your last name for Marcus." She told me to let go of my hand and stand up from the chair. "What is it? And I like that idea." I said and smiled big.
Good thing she is going to use my last name because I am going to marry her.
"Turn around so I can put my clothes on." Suki said and I did what I was told. "So, the middle name could be Zander or Lane, but I love Lane since it goes with Smitty." She said and tapped on my shoulder, and I turned to look at her. "I love it baby, Marcus Lane Smitty, nice ring to it." I said with a smile as I can imagine my son to be. "Can we stop at the store and get some baby stuff?" She asked, heading to the door. "Of course, while we're out we can go eat." I said following her out to my truck. We stopped by Walmart and Target to get Marcus some baby clothes then stopped at Panda Express to get food. I ordered some for my mama. She loves Panda Express and every time I go without her, I would bring her some home. We finally got home with a bunch of baby stuff.
Not really, I am being dramatic.
"Hey mom! We're home and I got you Panda Express!" I shouted as we got inside the house. Suki went straight for our bedroom to probably set the baby stuff down or put them in their spots. I went into the kitchen and set down mom's food on the table. "Mamma! Your food for dinner is in the kitchen!" I shouted again. A door opened upstairs and footsteps coming down into the kitchen. "You don't have to shout twice for me to come down here." My mom said, looking over at my grinning face. "Oh yes I do, because your food would be cold and two, I have good news!" I said leaning on the table. "What's that?" She said sitting down in a chair getting her food out. "Suki's baby is growing fast and that's rare, so we have to go back to the doctors next month. The doctor also said that we are having a baby boy! Oh, and Suki might be due in two months or four months." I said turning around getting the chocolate milk out. "The baby will come when he wants to, what did you two decide to name him?" My mom asked me to dig into her food. "Marcus Lane Smitty." Suki said coming into the kitchen, she wrapped her arms around my waist. "That's a cute name for the baby, but why Austin's last name and not yours? My mom asked her and glanced at me. "Well, Austin is going to be his father, no matter what when Marcus is old enough, I'll tell him about his father, but I really don't see the point in that cause the real father doesn't even know." Suki said letting go of me and walking out of the kitchen.
Great, my mom had to make her upset.
I already know Cody is a touchy subject, so I do not even ask about it, plus I feel like he is going to say that is not my baby. I never even touched her. You cheated on me blah, blah, blah. Then rumors would spread, and I would be pissed. I must tell mom what I am going to do because Thursday is the big day and then Friday is homecoming. I have a feeling I will not be there, but who knows. "Mom, can you keep a secret and not tell Suki?" I whispered so Suki could not hear me. "Yes." My mom whispered back. "Thursday, I'm going to ask Suki to marry me." I whispered again. "HOLY SHIT!" My mom shouted and I gave her a panic look waving my arms like a crazy person. "That's a big ass spider! Kill it, Austin!" She said loudly to cover up her outburst. I rolled my eyes and told her the rest of my big plan. I went into my room and got ready for bed. Suki was already cuddling with the pillow because I was not in bed.
with her. I brushed my teeth and got into my pajamas. I climbed into the bed, under the covers. Suki cuddled into me after I removed the pillow from her hold. "Goodnight baby girl, I love you!" I whispered, kissing her forehead. "I love you too." She said sleepy.