Chapter Seven

Jimmy put the ring in its box and handed it to me. We said our goodbyes as I was walking to my truck, he ran to me and hugged me.
I never got hugged from behind by a guy, trust me it was Hella weird and awkward for me.
Jimmy told me, "Thank you A, for making Suki so happy. Y'all be together forever I just know it!" He walked back into the store and after that, I got into my truck. I realized I left my phone in my truck and I saw my phone being blown up with text from Suki and my mom.
Oops?
I kind of gave her a tiny heart attack, I will get her McDonald's to apologize. I drove into the driveway after I stopped to get food for my lovely sweetheart. I walked through the door and someone's hand came across my face. "Son of a bitch!" I yelled in pain and looked at the attacker and saw my very pissed off mom, I glanced over to see Suki's puffy eyes and red face from crying.
Shit... I am an ass.
I felt my heart drop as the site of her, but before I could go to her, my mom blocked me. "Where the hell have you been? You left pissed off at your girlfriend. Did you go off to drink your anger away or even more than that?" I looked at my mom with a blank face. "Mom." She continued. "No, don't mom me, you left Suki! She comes crying to me when you don't answer her texts or calls." "Mom" I repeated, getting a little mad.
She really needs to stay out of this, but you know how mothers are.
"What?!" She glares at me; I can see the rage of hell in her eyes then I knew she thinks I turned into my father. "Momma... it's not what you think. Yeah, I got pissed so I drove to think, I went to Jimmy's job and talked to him about something. I got into my truck and that is when I realized I left my phone in my truck. So, I went to get food to apologize." I said holding a big bag of food for Suki and gave my mom an innocent smile. Suki walks over to me and grabs the food bag and runs to our room. I watched her run away then glanced at my mom, she sighed and frowned.
"Aw, son I'm sorry I just-" I pulled her into a hug and smiled. "Ma, it's okay I forgive you. I know you don't want me turning into my father." I said and kissed her cheek. I love my mom, she means well, y'know? Just protecting their babies. My mom and I pulled away from the hug. "Go to her." Was all she said with a smile and walked upstairs. I went to our room as I opened the door. "You can't always apologize with food, and it'll be all better Austin." Suki says while eating the food. I walked over to her and sat down on the bed beside her. "I know babe... it's just what you said really made me mad and it hurt." I told her and looked down at my hands.
I saw her hands grab mine and I looked at her. "I didn't mean to say those words, honestly I don't know why I said it, but just know that you'll be the best father to our baby girl its baby boy." I got up from the bed, walking over to the closet with a big smile on my face, kicking off my shoes and throwing off my shirt into the dirty basket of clothes. I heard a cough behind me. "Oh right, I forgot you never saw me naked." I teased and I felt something lit hit my back. Those damn pillows! Imma gets killed by one. "Do you want me to change in the bathroom?" I asked, turning around to see a very red face, Suki. "Yes please?" Suki says softly and innocently. I chuckled at her, grabbed my pajama bottoms and headed to the bathroom. "I hope you know; I sleep with no shirt on." I called to her in the bathroom as I put my bottoms on. And no boxers, but she does not need to know that right? I come out of the bathroom to see one of my shirts on Suki. " I hope you don't mind me stealing your shirts to sleep in." She tells me with a blush on her face. "No, babe not at all, matter fact I believe it fits you better than me and looks good on you too." I said jumping into the bed with her and kissed her on the cheek.
I finally got to sleep next to the most beautiful girl in the world for the first time. I know damn well I am going to sleep well tonight. Suki giggled and blushed at me. " I always loved this shirt of yours, this was the shirt I got you for your 17th birthday and I remembered your face that was priceless, it was the happiest I have seen you all day after your best friend passed away." She said with a soft voice. I saw her eyes light up when she mentioned my shirt.
It has something supernatural it... more like Dean Winchester on it. okay Can I, a guy, have a crush on a man? Is that a bad thing?
When she mentioned my best friend the light in her eyes started to die. I scooted close to her and wrapped my arms around her. "Hey, Shane was the best friend I could ever have. Fate is weird like that baby. She takes you when it's your time to go and even if it means going out with a bang." I said softly laying back on the bed, Suki put her head on my bed, Suki put her head on my bare chest. "He's in a better place with all the ones we lost, all together watching over us." Suki tells me and leans up and kisses my lips. "Goodnight baby, don't stay up too late thinking about it. Please don't overthink it'll cause you to have nightmares." She says curling up to me and closing her eyes. I sigh softly looking up at the ceiling. Okay, Shane, grew up with me and Suki, but I was closer to him than she was.
Long story short, on my 17th birthday he got into a car crash by a drunk driver and was sent to the hospital. I stayed with him the whole day on my birthday, even when he gave his last breath. Shane was more than a best friend; he was my brother... I miss him. I finally drift off to sleep with my arms around my baby girl, sound asleep.
~"you said it yourself... its fate...She tells you when it's your time to go..." She began to cough, and tears rolled down her cheeks. "Now...it's my turn..." she smiled weakly. "No... Suki...you can't leave me... our babies need you...I need you." Suki grabbed my face; she rubbed her thumb on my cheek. "It's going to be okay... I'll be with you always; our boys have a strong daddy...I love you." The heart monitor went flat, her hand left my face. I dropped to my knees; little footsteps ran over to me. "Daddy?"~
"Austin!" I woke up to Suki screaming, I started to panic about her and my nightmare. "MOM! CALL 911 ASAP!!" I yelled I smelled blood; I saw blood on Suki. I picked her up and ran her down the hallway out to the door. The ambulance came, pulled up and they ran towards me; they took her out of my hands. They put her into the ambulance and closed the door, drove off toward the hospital. I clasped on the ground hearing the sirens in the background. "Austin, get up and get into my car, we're going to the hospital. I promise you she'll be back in your arms before you know it." My mom helped me into her van, and we drove to the hospital. I still can see her covered in her own blood.
Please, please, please just be a dream! I get it, do not overthink at night! Let me wake up now! I cannot lose her!
I ran into the hospital, asked where they put Suki, but the nurse said family only. "I am her family!" I yelled and ran towards her room. I froze seeing her hooked up onto those machines made me think long and hard. I pulled a chair by her bed. I grabbed her hand; tears began rolling down my face. "I can't lose you... I'll be losing everything, my world, my soulmate, my best friend... please be okay..." My voice trailed off. She is going to wake up and when she does, I am going to make her my wife.