Kabanata 34

Kabanata 34
Dinner

I stayed near the beach after our talk. I leave Arshed in the condo. Naguguluhan pa rin ako sa mga sinasabi ni Arshed sa akin kanina. Hindi tumutugma ang sinabi niya sa akin sa mga narinig kong pag-uusap nila ni Hexy.

Kaya naman nang mag-alas singko na ay tsaka lang ako bumalik sa condo. Arshed wasn’t in the living room, as usual. So I’m guessing that he is out again. For dinner, of course. Dinner with Hexy.

My breathing hitch at that thought.

I sighed and went to the kitchen. I get myself a bottle of water, pero nang makita ko ang bote ng flavored beer ay iyon na lang ang kinuha.

I sighed again and leaned on the island counter before I opened the bottle and drank.

I am not allowed to drink alcoholic drinks yet because of the medicines I'm taking. Kaya mas lalo na sa sigarilyo. But those two things are the only thing that can calm me down now. Pero mabuti na lang din at walang alcoholic drinks at sigarilyo ngayon dito.

Arshed really thought about that, huh?

Matapos uminom ay tamad akong naglakad papasok sa kwarto ko, only to get stunned in the doorway.

Straight from my eyes, I saw a beautiful colour emerald dress, placed neatly on the top of my bed. Katabi noon ang kulay emerald green din na high heels.

Nanatili ako sa kinatatayuan habang pinagmamasdan ang damit na nakaayos sa ibabaw ng kama. Dahan-dahan lang akong naglakad palapit nang makita ko ang isang sobre na nakalapag sa tabi ng damit.

‘I hope you won’t get mad at me if I ask you to be prepared before 7, Captain, because I’ll take you somewhere. ^_^ I’ll wait for you at the lobby. I love you.’

Iyan ang nakasulat sa card na nasa loob ng sobre. My heart took a leap when I read the last words written.

‘I love you.’

Hindi ko alam kung excited ba ako o nasasaktan, o masaya, kaya ngayon umiiyak ako. I can't help myself and my tears are streaming down my face. Or it is a mixed emotion.

This is the first time I was invited like this. In my past relationships, I have never experienced this because I was busy and always away. Just like Jardine and I, we don’t really have time for this. But for Arshed, he always does things that I thought I don’t need to experience. Every little unnoticeable thing he does, and it makes me happy. It makes me feel I’m worth it. He made me feep I'm worth it.

I was fighting for Jardine. I then realized that I was fighting to be lied to; fighting to be taken for granted; fighting to be disappointed; and fighting to be hurt again. And when I fight to let go, it was the best decision I’d made. I’m sure of it.

The saddest end to a relationship is one where you have to break up with somebody when you’re still in love with him.

It sounds bizarre but it happens, because the truth is, as powerful and as thrilling and as wonderful as it may be, love is not always enough, and to be in love doesn't always mean you’re happy.

You can continue to love someone even after they've hurt you, but you know deep inside yourself that it won't ever be the same again.

And no, I wouldn't want that. I won't want Jardine in my life again. I got betrayed while my heart was pure. I’ll never forget that shit. No matter how long our relationship was. No matter how I am in love with him in the past. He cheated and that's it.

Habang hinihintay ko ang pagbukas ng elevator ay hindi ko maipaliwanag ang nararamdaman ko.

I thought he have a dinner date with Hexy? Why I was the one he invited? Or maybe I was wrong for assuming things?