EPILOGUE

This is the Epilogue of COASTLINE FROM THE SKY,  the fourth installment of Aviators Series. This is also ARSHED’S POV.
Thank you so much for reaching this far! 💋

Epilogue
Coastline

Never had crossed my mind that I’ll be in an aviation world. Knowing that my father is a notorious business tycoon in Sicily, with all the illegal businesses, I wasn't able to decide on my own. Me and my brother, Ivor, were never able to do what we really wanted.

Growing up, we were controlled by our father. After our mother died because of my father's enemy, Ivor managed to escape from our house. He leaves the house... and me. I was just 13 when he left me too.

My father's anger was blown up after he learned that my brother escaped. He punishes me for thinking that I'm helping Ivor. When in fact, I didn't. Ivor didn't tell me anything about his plans. Kaya nang nalaman kong tumakas siya, napuno ng sakit ang puso ko. Yes, I am thankful that he finally escaped from hell. He managed to escape from our house that serves as our hell on earth.

But I think it was enough. It's the right thing he should do. Tama naman ang ginawa niya, dahil kahit ako, ayaw ko sa lugar na ito. Not until my father focused his  hate and anger towards me. He punishes me whenever he wants and he likes it.

When I was in my teen years, I was already dealing with drug lords, killers, kidnappers, prostitutes, and illegal shipments. I haven't even tried to enjoy my life. I haven't tried playing with other kids, because I was busy dealing with the punishments that my father had given to me if they have unsuccessful shipments and deals. Ako lahat ang sumasalo sa parusang hindi naman ako ang may kasalanan.

Kaya nang tumuntong ako sa edad na desi otso ay tuluyan na akong nakapagdesisyong mamuhay ng sarili ko. Ginawa ko na agad iyon. My father finally unchained me from his grip, and I took that as an opportunity to live my life the way I wanted it to be.

I didn't expect that I’d be in Canada. I never thought about it. I have never thought of where I should settle. But my feet brought me to Canada, to Queens International Airline.

I have never imagined that I’ll be in this glamorous yet very dangerous job. But it just added the fuel of eagerness that I have in myself from a long time ago.

Pero tuluyan talaga akong na-hook sa trabahong ito nang makilala ko sa training ang isang napakagandang babae na nakilala ko sa buong buhay ko. She's one of our trainers and she's not just cool, but also fuckingly intimidating and charming at the same time.

Kahit gaano pa kahirap ang training na pinapagawa niya,  parang ramdam ko pa rin ang saya. Kahit pa siguro utusan niya akong tumalon mula sa eroplano ng walang parachute o harness ay gagawin ko nang nakangiti! Ganoon ako kabaliw sa kanya.

I’ve met plenty of women in my life. From work my father made me take, I tasted a lot of them. But nothing can compare to the beauty and amazement I have felt towards her.

Captain Carlisle Adria Rae Yara...

I always chanted her name in my mind. But knowing that she is in a relationship with a scout ranger, I lie-low. I don't want her to disgust me for liking her that much.

“Officer Salvaleon, you’ll be the permanent co-pilot of Captain Yara. Starting tomorrow, you'll be under her wing.”

Para akong dinuduyan habang naglalakad palabas ng opisina matapos ang pag-a-assign sa amin. Hindi naman kasi ako nag-e-expect na siya ang magiging piloto ko dahil sa dami namin at sa dami ng pilotong walang co-pilot, nataon talaga na sa kanya ako.  And I’m glad that I'll be under her wing.

“Ready to be under my command, Officer Salvaleon?” Carae challenged me. I know that she just wants to scare me. Little did she not know that I am even ready to die for her.